I certainly hope not. Between teams leaving TAPPS from DIvision III and teams not having enough to field a squad, before long it will be where every team in Division III makes the playoffs. I think we only had 18 teams last year and of those 18 I know that 1 (Texas Christian School) has already left TAPPS.

FreyBCA":3v6s551j said:
I certainly hope not. Between teams leaving TAPPS from DIvision III and teams not having enough to field a squad, before long it will be where every team in Division III makes the playoffs. I think we only had 18 teams last year and of those 18 I know that 1 (Texas Christian School) has already left TAPPS.

I heard that Conroe Lifestyle Christian was replacing Texas Christian in Div. III District 4.

I think it's not a good thing if a school leaves its league once it has accepted assignment into a district realignment for a two-year period.

As most of you know, I'm more-or-less pro-TAPPS and wish we could have some combining of private school leagues, but I guess I'm going to have to work on simpler stuff, like Arab-Israeli peace. But you're putting a lot of schools in a bind if you bail out in the middle of the two year cycle ... and in my mind, I think it sends a message that your word may not be your bond.

But whadda I know.

I agree, there is no reason to have TAPPS, TCAF, And TCAL. I don't understand why there can't be 1 league. I don't. understand why TAPPS doesn't accept charter schools which are in both tcal and tcaf.
I realize they no longer accept home school students, but there has to be a way to have fewer leagues filled with more teams

SWRaider":ttavr0bd said:
I agree, there is no reason to have TAPPS, TCAF, And TCAL. I don't understand why there can't be 1 league. I don't. understand why TAPPS doesn't accept charter schools which are in both tcal and tcaf.
I realize they no longer accept home school students, but there has to be a way to have fewer leagues filled with more teams

At one time, TAPPS did accept some public schools ... and three remain as members (Texas School for the Deaf and prison schools at Gainesville and Giddings), but they are grandfathered and no such tax-supported school (which includes charter schools) could be admitted. UIL rules didn't allow those schools to be admitted, but they do allow charter schools to join.

Maybe it's time to look at that rule. But there would be a lot of problems. For example, there are a number of "separation of church and state" and atheist groups telling charter schools it is a violation of the separation doctrine (which, by the way ISN'T a law) to affiliate with the Texas Christian Athletic League, which does accept charter schools and home school groups. The TCAL folks have some legal-beagle opinions which bolster their case that no "violation" occurs. Some current private schools would consider it an unfair environment to compete with tax supported schools and worry about more "Prime Preps" forming that are primarily for athletic purposes.

I'll stick with the Jews and the Moslems. Might be easier to fix that problem.

Just for a little clarity, Victory Life will NOT, I repeat will NOT be leaving TAPPS lol.

Sean Lewis.
Director of Athletics/Head football coach
Victory Life Academy.

Back