Well, I got out of the house and watched Jonesboro and May last night. By my unofficial count May won 6-3, I was not impressed with either teams ability to consisitantly sustain long distance drives. May had more long distance fire power than Jonesboro, which pretty much was the difference in the scrimmage.

Week 1 scores for this district.

Lometa 74 Lingleville 40
Baird 34 Crowell 7
May 51 Borden County 6
Santa Anna 56 Trent 0

Next weeks games

Baird at Hermleigh
Gorman vs Sidney
May at Sterling City
Rising Star at Santa Anna
Three Way at Lingleville

Does anyone from Gorman know if they will play their game this week?

week 2 scores

Gorman 54 Sidney 8
Santa Anna 60 Rising Star 8
May 104 Sterling City 80
Baird cancelled with Hermleigh and I saw where Three Way played someone other than Lingleville

Week 3 schedules

Gorman at Blum
Lingleville at Blanket
Gordon at Baird
Abilene Christian at Santa Anna
Knox City at May

week 3 scores

Gorman 47 Blum 34
Lingleville 60 Blanket 12
Baird 37 Gordon 32
SA 84 Abilene Christian 46
May 65 Knox City 16
This was a good week for district 13. I have a couple of thoughts at this point in the season. Does Blum have any kids out that may be back by playoff time? Santa Anna scheduled the weakest teams that they could find last year so that winning would have a positive effect on their kids. It worked, maybe too well. They hit a wall when district play started. I would caution SA to stay grounded with your expectations and just play hard.

week 4 games

Strawn at Gorman
SA at Brookesmith
Morgan at Lingleville
May at Evant
Baird at Chillicothe

week 4 scores

Strawn 60 Gorman 15
Santa Anna 60 Brookesmith 12
Lingleville 58 Morgan 8
May 63 Evant 6
Baird 53 Chillicothe 0

week 5 schedule

Santa Anna at Medina
Gorman at Gustine
Lingleville at Moran
Blum at May
Baird has a bye unless they decide to pick up a game.

week 5 scores

Santa Anna 65 Medina 20
Gorman 65 Gustine 16
Llingleville 48 Moran 0
May 77 Blum 14

This is shaping up to be one of the better districts in the state. The lowest ranked team is at 35 after week 4. The gap will probably close some more before district starts.

week 6 schedule

Lingleville at Walnut Springs
Baird at Lueders-Avoca
Newcastle at May
Panther Creek at Santa Anna
Perrin-Whitt at Gorman

week 6 scores

Lingleville 58 Walnut Springs 6
Baird 52 Lueders-Avoca
May 55 Newcastle 0
Santa anna 75 Panther Creek 6
Gorman 44 Perrin-Whitt 42

We are at the end of most of the non-district play. If I have counted right, there is a total of 2 losses for the whole district. I am not sure any district in the state can match that record.

week 7 or week 1 of district

Santa Anna at Baird
Gorman at May

If the toy is to be believed, Baird and May are the favorites this week. We shall see.

week 6 scores

Lingleville 58 Walnut Springs 6
Baird 52 Lueders-Avoca
May 55 Newcastle 0
Santa anna 75 Panther Creek 6
Gorman 44 Perrin-Whitt 42

We are at the end of most of the non-district play. If I have counted right, there is a total of 2 losses for the whole district. I am not sure any district in the state can match that record.

week 7 or week 1 of district

Santa Anna at Baird
Gorman at May

If the toy is to be believed, Baird and May are the favorites this week. We shall see.
I believe the district with shape out as:

1. May
2. Baird
3. Santa Anna
4. Gorman
5. Lingleville

I believe the district with shape out as:

1. May
2. Baird
3. Santa Anna
4. Gorman
5. Lingleville
I think the every team in the district has improved since last season. Whoever gets 2nd will likelgoty face Water Valley. It will likely be Baird again but we gotta play the games first! I do think that's how district will go though.

week 7

May 54 Gorman 0
Baird 72 Santa Anna 24

Week 8

May at Santa Anna
Lingleville at Gorman
Baird at Fort Worth Covenant Classical

If you can believe this from the score, May did not have a good night on offense. Their defense played lights out.
Baird beat the spread and should move up some in the rankings.

week 8

Lingleville 60 Gorman 58
May 58 Santa Anna 0
FW Classical 78 Baird 30

week 9

Baird at May
Santa Anna at Lingleville
Gorman bye
off def
1 May 8-0 2-0 527 122
18 Baird 5-1 1-0 278 147
29 Lingleville 5-1 1-0 324 158
30 Santa Anna 6-2 0-2 424 222
36 Gorman 4-3 0-2 283 274

week 9

May 82 Baird 36
Lingleville 56 Santa Anna 8

week 10

Lingleville at Baird
Gorman at Santa Anna
May bye
......................................................off........def
1....May.................9-0...3-0.....609......158
18.Baird................5-2...1-1.....314......229
22.Lingleville......6-1...2-0.....380......166
38.Gorman.........4-3....0-2.....283......274
39.Santa Anna..6-3....0-3.....432......278

Nobody needs to fall asleep on Lingleville, Look at their points allowed, if they can keep the game close they have the speed back that can win it for them. On-the-other-hand, Baird has the down hill power back with speed. Baird should win it handily, but that nagging feeling in the back of my mind say this could be an upset.
The Gorman-Santa Anna game should be close according to the toy. But SA lost their tailback against Baird and have been on a real downhill slide ever since. This game won't be any different. Gorman wins big.

week 9

May 82 Baird 36
Lingleville 56 Santa Anna 8

week 10

Lingleville at Baird
Gorman at Santa Anna
May bye
......................................................off........def
1....May.................9-0...3-0.....609......158
18.Baird................5-2...1-1.....314......229
22.Lingleville......6-1...2-0.....380......166
38.Gorman.........4-3....0-2.....283......274
39.Santa Anna..6-3....0-3.....432......278

Nobody needs to fall asleep on Lingleville, Look at their points allowed, if they can keep the game close they have the speed back that can win it for them. On-the-other-hand, Baird has the down hill power back with speed. Baird should win it handily, but that nagging feeling in the back of my mind say this could be an upset.
The Gorman-Santa Anna game should be close according to the toy. But SA lost their tailback against Baird and have been on a real downhill slide ever since. This game won't be any different. Gorman wins big.
I think Blue Bird has the right train of thought. I see it shaping up the same way. Lingleville may have enough in the tank to upset Baird though. Any given Fridday night!! Just look what happened in the WB v. SC game.

Baird Vs. Lingleville will be the game to watch! I think Baird has the upperhand due to atmosphere since it will be the Bears senior night. Lingleville has looked strong and they've been winning games they're supposed to! I seriously can't wait to call this one Friday night!

Back