2018 DI All-State Teams

Insider and obgain! You two fellers must live in a dream world. I've watched the entire game on you tube I suggest you do the same. Starting with defense, #10 and #1 neither one would even start on defense for the top 5 or 6 teams in the state he stood around and was not even by far in the top 5 on the field. #12 13 11 9 and 4 they play defense. On offense #10 never blocked and I mean never. You really do have tunnel vision. Do you see any other town or team on here whining? No you don't maybe that mentality needs to change.

Our mentality needs to change? Arguing with you guys is extremely pointless at times. You really just said did they get a trophy for losing by 30. Um... yeah STATE RUNNER UP TROPHY. And then you guys talk like because Milford lost in the State championship game they failed... Football is a hard game, 6 man football is even harder. And to be recognized as the 2nd best team in the state is something to be proud of. We can just agree to disagree. But when your the 4th scoring option on a team and you score 3 Tds and go over 130 rec yards in the state game that’s RIDICULOUS! When you catch 4 INTs in the regional championship and not get 1st team all regional safety so that means you can’t get 1st team all state safety that’s just unfair to the kid.

tdog5344":j1x7cd3g said:
Insider and obgain! You two fellers must live in a dream world. I've watched the entire game on you tube I suggest you do the same. Starting with defense, #10 and #1 neither one would even start on defense for the top 5 or 6 teams in the state he stood around and was not even by far in the top 5 on the field. #12 13 11 9 and 4 they play defense. On offense #10 never blocked and I mean never. You really do have tunnel vision. Do you see any other town or team on here whining? No you don't maybe that mentality needs to change.

I see other towns and teams coming on here whining and complaining ALL THE TIME.

MilfordInsider":2v13whjq said:
Our mentality needs to change? Arguing with you guys is extremely pointless at times. You really just said did they get a trophy for losing by 30. Um... yeah STATE RUNNER UP TROPHY. And then you guys talk like because Milford lost in the State championship game they failed... Football is a hard game, 6 man football is even harder. And to be recognized as the 2nd best team in the state is something to be proud of. We can just agree to disagree. But when your the 4th scoring option on a team and you score 3 Tds and go over 130 rec yards in the state game that’s RIDICULOUS! When you catch 4 INTs in the regional championship and not get 1st team all regional safety so that means you can’t get 1st team all state safety that’s just unfair to the kid.

Milford, I respect you for supporting your team and agree with you that there's nothing wrong with coming up as the runner up in the championship game. Absolutely nothing for the kids to be ashamed. I'm certain they were disappointed at the end of the game but I'd also bet you by the time they left AT&T they had a huge smile on their face and enjoyed the moment.

What I still disagree with you on is performance in one game does not make a season to justify a player being named All-State, or even all region. Both are season long awards. There are lots of athletes who had a tremendous game but that one game does not make them deserve the 1st team all-state honor. Based on your logic, hypothetically speaking, if Ta'Ron had not been able to play in the championship game due to his prior injury he would not have deserved this year's offensive MVP award. Based on what I saw all season I think they (the voters) got it right by naming Ta'Ron offensive MVP and Crockett POY, not that your contesting either of those. Lastly, and as I mentioned yesterday, I'm certain missing 40% of the season played into this issue. What he needs to do is work hard this off-season to do his best to become bigger and stronger so he can hopefully avoid injuries and play a full season and become the leader of his team.

Red raider, respect to ya. We may not 100% agree but that’s ok when talking sports. The good thing is that he is only a junior, so like you said Red Raider, he can go get stronger and go get better and be prepared to help lead the team next season.

Congrats to all players and coaches who received All State Awards.

I thought after Milford was bent over by McLean that the Milford bunch would shut up, but you can wish in one hand and crap in the other... a stellar state game performance doesn’t entitle a player to an all-state honor, while Milford has a solid bunch of athletes I don’t think they got “screwed”, there were just some players that deserved it more. If anything talk to the coach about the outcome of all-state players considering they are the ones deciding who gets what.

Milford Insider and Obagain. I have not heard one word from Garden City. They lost to McLean by eight but guess what, they beat Strawn which Milford could not do. Maybe we should get a write in campaign from Graden City for you two to quit your crying, put on your big boy panties, and get on with the future. I’m new to sixmanfootball.com but surely something goes on in the football off season other than listen to two grown men cry. I have missed one six-man Texas State championship since the one at Shotwell in 2012 and I saw about 25 six-man games in 2018 so I’m not a greenhorn rookie.

oldfolks":64k72sbp said:
Milford Insider and Obagain. I have not heard one word from Garden City. They lost to McLean by eight but guess what, they beat Strawn which Milford could not do. Maybe we should get a write in campaign from Graden City for you two to quit your crying, put on your big boy panties, and get on with the future. I’m new to sixmanfootball.com but surely something goes on in the football off season other than listen to two grown men cry. I have missed one six-man Texas State championship since the one at Shotwell in 2012 and I saw about 25 six-man games in 2018 so I’m not a greenhorn rookie.

GC lost to mclean by 38 and yes they and no other teams are on here throwing a fit

Damyan always works hard but will not get bigger, he is excellent in basketball and has been to state in track both years so far and I expect him to be there again this year.
Track is his real love so putting on football weight would hamper his speed.

Back