2016 Hermleigh Cardinals.

Loboe77

11-man fan
Lots of Changes for Hermleigh

HERMLEIGH FIRST PRACTICE

"6-man football started Monday morning as well, and the Hermleigh Cardinals are back at work.

The Cardinals are coming off one of the best years in school history with a district championship and a run to the regional semifinals.

This year, they have a new coach in Derek Ahearn, and he's made a good impression on the team so far.

"He's a great coach," Eli Garza said. "He knows, he definitely knows his stuff, and I just think he's going to help us out a lot with our young team."

Four of six starters are gone on both sides of the ball, so they are somewhat of a young team, but the guys feel like they can still go far.

"We're a young team. It's kind of like a rebuilding year, but I feel like we can still make it out and go to playoffs," Dylan Sorrells said.

The Cardinals are also in a district with state powers Borden County and IRA. It's going to be tough, but they are ready to go.

"Golly, every team last year went to the playoffs," Ahearn said. "I mean that speaks for a lot. There's not another team in the state right now Division I that their district is like this."

The Cardinals get the new season started on Saturday, August 27th, against Motley County."

http://www.bigcountryhomepage.com/sport ... -hermleigh

1A-5 Hermleigh (1-2) Score
8/27 vs-Motley County (3-0) (at Jayton) (L 23-34)
9/02 vs-Roscoe Highland (3-0) (L 20-66)
9/09 at Lueders-Avoca (0-3) (W 64-52)

1A-5 Hermleigh (2-3) SCORES
8/27 vs-Motley County (5-0) (at Jayton) (L 23-34)
9/02 vs-Roscoe Highland (4-1) (L 20-66)
9/09 at Lueders-Avoca (1-4) (W 64-52)
9/17 vs-Anton (1-4) (W 51-36)
9/23 at Sterling City (4-1) (L 6-64)

Back