2014 playoff position already secured

olderelk

11-man fan
Just saw on the KHOU channel 2 Friday Football Frenzy that a Houston team that they said lost their 48th straight game last night has a playoff position already secured for this year. They are in 4A Div. 2 Dist. 10.
There are only 4 schools in that dist. There were supposed to be 5, but one team isn't playing, so all of the teams in that dist. are headed for the playoffs.

granger":25fb84mq said:
I hope they go 0-10 and may the playoffs to show what a farce it is
We went 1-19 my jr. and sr. year. I don't wish that on anyone. Besides it's not the kids fault the system is set up that way.

It's still a farce. I thought Illinoisy had a messed up system, but at least you have to go at least 5-4 for the season to make it. IHSA allows only 9 games for the season.

The Chronicle is trying to put a positive spin on this.
There's nothing positive about it.
Winless Scarborough samples playoffs, goes down fighting
http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/ ... 892019.php
Highlights:
West Orange-Stark 64, Scarborough 0.
Scarborough, the state's first winless playoff team, extending its losing streak to 58 straight games.
This football program that hasn't won a game since 2009.
The officials went to a running clock in the first quarter with West Orange-Stark up 35-0. Scarborough finished with just one yard of offense and a single first down, getting that on the game's final play.
Scarborough's season is over, winless for the sixth time in the last seven years. But unlike the previous 18, this season ended in the playoffs.
And they're going again next year.

Back