2012 Rankings (EARLY PRESEASON)

Kramer

11-man fan
I've did a little research and this is what I've come up with as far as PRE-SEASON rankings for 2012.
This does not include any transfers or anyone who has left their educational institutions.

10. Brownwood Victory Life:
Backup spread back returns, C. Ruth & G. Haygood returns, They return 3 first team
defense and two on offense. The spread back will carry them but he is NO #8 T. McDaniel.

9. San Antonio Castle Hills:
IF, the young man who was ineligible (by tapps) is still there and declared eligible from SA
FEAST, this team will be the team to beat in District 3.

8. Lubbock Kingdom Prep:
I believe they return all 8 players. Still needs to develop a passing game to go with their run
game. Even though this is sixman, they still need a few more kids on the sidelines for extras.

7. Orange Community Christian:
With #25 & #5 returning, this duo will very explosive. Can anyone say PONY-EXPRESS. They
will put up alot of points. District 4 will be fun to watch in 2012. This team COULD be ranked
in the Top 4 but defense needs work and coaching will need to improve.

6. Heath The Fulton School:
With Tyler Street being moved up in classification, Heath The Fulton should totally dominate
district 3. With T. Treadway returning, he should carry the bulk of the load for the Falcons.

5. Fredericksburg Heritage:
YES, I KNOW.. HOW COME THEY AREN'T RANKED #1 BECAUSE NO ONE HAS BEATEN THEM.
I did want to put them at #1, But they've lost too much.
D. Patillo and J. Meek will be good enough to keep Freddy in the hunt, but losing studs like
C. Scott, H. Sultemeier, J. Hoerman, K.Johnson, K. Hahne, S. Richburg will hurt. They will be
very disciplined but I believe they've lost too much, SO... #5 is where I have them.

4. Granbury Happy Hill:
I saw the J. Torres kid play (LIVE) and he is very much worth ALL-THE-HYPE. As a Sr, he will
carry HH a very long way. I look for them to be in the mix come FINAL 4 TIME.

3. Brenham Christian:
I believe Coach Tarbutton loses two off of his entire roster. WELL YOU DO THE MATH.
IF YOU CAN'T.. THAT MANY RETURNEES MAKES FOR A FUN (BULLY-TYPE) YEAR vs.
OPPONENTS.

2. Dickinson Pine Drive:
I think this is the year Pine Drive finally gets the invitation to Moody Texas. I believe this will
be the most explosive offensive team in D-II with the likes of C. Kelley, C. Lopez, J. Quinonez,
G. Marcantel all returning. The entire offense comes back and losing M. Gilbert will hurt, but
C. Lopez threw just as much. Defensively PD has two vacant holes to fill

1. Wichita Falls Notre Dame:
ND returns key players (DB) C. McElroy, (OL) H. Quintero, (RB) CODY McELROY, (K) Wes
Brinkman.
I also believe they return their entire roster (minus 1 OL).
WF ND will be hoisting the TAPPS D-II Trophy once the final buzzer sounds.

TAPPS HEISMAN TROPHY WINNER - WF Notre Dame : Cody McElroy
TAPPS DICK BUTKIS WINNER - Fredericksburg Heritage - Dixon Patillo

Others receiving consideration:
Alving Living Stones : loss of J Shawreih, P. Coella is why they don't crack the top 10 even though they return #10 Schlemmer and #2 Dudley
SA Town East : Very good RB returns (Sophomore), but the ENTIRE team has graduated.
Seguin Lifegate : will return several young players but I believe they are still a yr away.

can't give a top 10. but ill give a final four.

1. WF Notre Dame
2. Dickinson Pinedrive
3. Fredericksburg
4. brenham christian

just outside is heath fulton and happy hill.

McElroy will dominate.

At this point in the year, I don't think I can give a top 10, or even a top 5. What I can do, though, is give my impressions on a few teams that I believe will be at the top of the heap next season.

WF Notre Dame- Listed first because they just might be my #1 pick. A POWERFUL running game and the loss of only one senior means trouble for most other teams in DII. They WILL need to diversify their offense, though. Being so focused on the tight run game leaves them vulnerable come playoff time. Shut down their running game and they won't have much to fall back on.

Pine Drive- Probably my second pick, probably. I believe they have a very decent shot at making it all the way in 2012. A strong offense that will give you fits. Defense looked strong for most of 2011. My only question about PD is discipline.

Happy Hill- As we all know, SPEED kills in sixman. They have SPEED, and then some. I liked how they morphed offensivly to utilize their strengths toward the end of 2011. I imagine they give opposing coaches nightmares when trying to scout. They will need to work on their defensive game plan if they want to make it back to Moody. And did I mention, they have SPEED?

Brenham- They are also quick, and scrappy. If they can stay injury free this year, they just might make a return trip to Moody. 2012 will be a good test for Coach Tarbutton. Can he coach this group of kids up and get them to their full potential?

Freddy- Yep, #5 pick. They lose a lot, there's no denying. But, Coach Shipman has a good thing going and I don't think you can ever count Freddy out.

Orange- Have size to go with speed. They may cause some noise. It will be interesting to see how things settle out in District 4.

Heath Fulton- There was a lot of talk on these guys prior to the 2011 season. I think they will improve in 2012.

OK, so...... With Freddy hiring Jeremy Wentrcek, would anyone like to amend their predictions for next season?

For you young "pups", Coach Wentrcek was the AD and Head Coach at Temple Central Texas Christian until they made the step down to 11-man a couple of years ago. His teams were always very competitive and made several trips deep in the DI playoffs. I think this makes Freddy even more of a threat. If they were fundamentally sound before, now they will be rock solid. A great hire by Freddy. The question will be, can the loss of 7 seniors be made up for with the addition of one coach?

I am going to move Freddy up a couple of positions to my 2 or 3 spot. Great coaching aside, there is no substitute for having good athletes and Freddy lost a lot to graduation.

2012 just might turn into the "Year of the Coach." We all know that Coach Ware is a great motivator. Will that be enough? Can Coach Tarbutton coach his young and scrappy players up to get back to Moody? Coach Tercero has arguably the fastest team in DII, will that be enough? Will the coaches at Wichita Falls Notre Dame diversify their offense? Can the Brownwood coaches overcome the loss of their stud? It's going to be an interesting season. I just wish it would get here sooner.

Pup,

THE GOOD ... Fredericksburg Heritage adds another TOP NOTCH COACH to their GREAT COACHING STAFF

I would put Freddy 2nd now..

So yes, FREDDY WILL BE A NOISE MAKER WITH THIS HIRE

pup":2s0g2wov said:
OK, so...... With Freddy hiring Jeremy Wentrcek, would anyone like to amend their predictions for next season?

'Bout time them guys in Freddy hired coaches who know somethin' about football...

I'm the TE/DE that Notre Dame is losing for next year, and I can tell you that this team can do anything purely due to their determination. We've never been talked about as a football team until this season, and that motivation alone will get Notre Dame going. They may not need to diversify their offense, because the back-ups are really good as well and can continue to provide excellent blocking for the runningbacks to take advantage of. As for passing, it isn't so much that we don't have it, we just don't need to use it as much because of our success in the rushing game. The defensive side of the ball will be just as big next year, so look for ND to make that title game. As for Fredericksburg, I can't help but feel that losing so many players won't affect them as much as everybody thinks. Freddy has been a powerhouse before and during my time playing high school football, and will surely continue to be a top competitor for years to come. Should be a big year for football, especially with another realignment of districts that could shake things up. Good luck to all teams, but I'll be backing up my ND Knights come fall.

Let's spark up some debate here mid-summer. Now that Pine Drive is out, how does that change things in DII? Here's my top 5:

1. Notre Dame- every one seems to think McElroy is the real deal, so why not.
2. Happy Hill- how can you count out these guys after the state track meet. They didn't have too many seniors did they?
3. Freddy- Wentrcek and Shipman...can't beat that coaching.
4. Orange Community- saw them in the first round...young and inexperienced coaching and players, but very athletic

and my sleeper...#5. Longview Trinity...hear they get a huge freshman class this year

just on the outside- the team I follow, Heath-Fulton- lost 4 seniors, replacing with 6 freshman. Should get a few transfers. Two of the better RB's in Div II in juniors Leverett (who was hurt most of last year) and All-Stater Treadway. New defensive coordinator. It should be a reloading year for them.

Lazy J ... not a bad pick; I think D2 is probably as wide-open as it ever has been. Just thinking back (and this is the 10th year of the D1/D2 split in TAPPS sixman), perhaps the only "open" year where there wasn't a clear favorite was 2004, the first year Freddy won it. You've had solid programs like Happy Hill, Freddy, Ft. Worth Glenview (RIP), and Brenham Christian ... with an upset a couple years back with Duncanville Christway (again, RIP).

However, I might suggest #2 could be with a question mark. A new coach and I think the old coach's son was a decent player (mom and dad moved to her new job in El Paso). As for #5, a lot of freshmen is good, but they might be better as sophomores and juniors in 2013 and 2014.

I might make some room for San Antonio Castle Hills and Brenham Christian as well.

Just a quick recap on who's where in D2 for 2012

District 1: Lubbock Christ the King, Lubbock Kingdom Prep, El Paso Jesus Chapel
District 2: Granbury Happy Hill, Fort Worth Covenant Classical, Wichita Falls Wichita Christian, Wichita Falls Notre Dame, Wichita Falls Christ Academy, Brownwood Victory Life,
District 3: Heath Fulton, Irving Stonegate, McKinney Cornerstone, Longview Trinity, Killeen Memorial
District 4: Seguin Lifegate, San Antonio Castle Hills, San Antonio Town East, San Antonio New Life, San Antonio River City Believers, Fredericksburg Heritage San Marcos Hill Country
District 5: Houston Texas Christian, Magnolia Legacy Prep, Bellville Faith, Alvin Living Stones, Lake Jackson Brazosport, Orange Community Christian, Brenham Christian.

Good to see some life back in here. It's been too long. I can't wait for the season to start.

With the recent shake up of DII I am going to amend my choices:
#1 WF Notre Dame- I still think they need some sort of passing game to compliment their STRONG running game.
#2 Brenham- With Pine Drive gone and Happy Hill losing their coach I have to move Brenham up. Their youngsters will have a season under their belts, quick and scrappy. A good combination in sixman.
#3 Freddy- Can they recover from losing so many seniors? Tradition of putting a quality team on the field.
#4 Castle Hills, Orange, Alvin, Brownwood, Heath Fulton?????

I agree that the field is wide open this year. Injuries, eligibility, transfers, luck will all play in. Anyone know if that certain player for Castle Hills is eligible this year? Bring on the football!!!!!

Division II

This division is wide open this upcoming year.

1. Fredricksburg Heritage. Great coach staff with 5 plus titles.

2. Notre Dame. Two of the better athletes in the state. Ol public school coach who runs that pigskin. Return every starter but one.

3. Happy Hill. Got a good fundamental coach out west. #44 is back. Strong district with W.C., ND, and WF Christ Academy. I'm missing somebody in this district.

4. Brenham Christian. Good staff with some decent talent. Should have a good year. They have good chemistry together and should be strong next year. Good LB back and return a good Runningback for next year. I feel that this team down south will be a force to be wreckin with. These guys are in the weight room and we should see results in the fall. Look for these guys to compete for a district title in what I think is the toughest district in the state.

5. Heath Fulton. Young head coach that has coached as an assistant coach in 3 to 4 state games in Tapps and Tcaf. He has been to the BIG one several times, but needs to win a big one as a hc. He found a home in Heath Fulton, and this year may or may not be the year.

6. Alvin living Stones. Good young talent and energetic coach. Should have 12 to 13 boys that will be strong in all three facets of the game.

7. El Paso Jesus Chapel- I'm familiar with there program which has been decent year in and year out. They drop down to DII and should make some noise. Don't sleep on these guys out WEST. A stud RB.

8. Longview Trinity, Castle Hills, Kingdom Prep, and Lifegate could make some noise but who really knows!!!!!!

lifegatesports":1vro3uhs said:
Maybe let's look at the season this way. Who'se gonna be playing the third weekend in November (first round of playoffs) and who'se gonna be starting basketball season.

16 teams in the playoffs.

Here's my choices ... alphabetical and no district finish predicted.

In the Playoffs

Alvin Living Stones Christian
Brenham Christian
Brownwood Victory Life
El Paso Jesus Chapel
Fredericksburg Heritage
Granbury North Central Texas (Happy Hill)
Heath Fulton
Lake Jackson Brazosport Christian
Longview Trinity
Lubbock Kingdom Prep
McKinney Cornerstone Christian
Orange Community Christian
San Antonio Castle Hills First Baptist
Seguin Lifegate Christian
Wichita Falls Christ Academy
Wichita Falls Notre Dame Catholic

Out of the playoffs

Bellville Faith
Fort Worth Covenant Classical
Houston Texas Christian
Irving Stonegate Christian
Killeen Memorial Christian
Lubbock Christ the King
Magnolia Legacy Prep
Plainview Christian
San Antonio New Life Christian
San Antonio Town East Christian
San Marcos Hill Country Christian
Selma River City Believers
Wichita Falls Wichita Christian

... but I could be wrong.

Top 5
#1) NOtre Dame all the way to the state game
I watched them in a couple of games last year and the had some throwing ability but it looks like they never really need to use it. I mean would you? Their O-line Is larger that most teams so why not just run it down their throat with macelroy?!

#2) BROWNWOOD- yes the lost the QB but I hav gotten to watch them a pretty good amount these last couple of years and i think they'll be fine! They still have there big boy Ruth up front who might be the strongest beast in tapps (he won shot and disc at state track too) everyone is counting them out but like NDs passing game I think BROWNWOOD has a lot of athletes that they just haven't had the chance or need to use because of there QBs. They are my sleeper / under the radar pick.
#3) Freddy! - pulling great coaches out of thin air?!? They might not be as talented as everyone else BUT they dang sure will be in shape, fundamentally sound, and most of all disciplined. Tallent will come but boy do they hav a great foundation in place.
#4) PINE Drive. -good defense and always seem to hav a good team but I don't know much about them .
Finally at 5 ... Lifegate. - lost a lot of talent a couple of years ago but they hav some good young boys that play tll the whistle and fly around out there on that field. Don't count out these scrappy young men.

Also I have resently heard that WF Christ Academy has cancelled there football program on account of not having enough to fill a team. Can any one conferm or deny this? And has anyone heard any other news lately ?

(sorry about the color, everything just always looks sad and plain on this thing !)

Mr.BigTex":2w4j18f7 said:
Top 5
#1) NOtre Dame all the way to the state game
I watched them in a couple of games last year and the had some throwing ability but it looks like they never really need to use it. I mean would you? Their O-line Is larger that most teams so why not just run it down their throat with macelroy?!

#2) BROWNWOOD- yes the lost the QB but I hav gotten to watch them a pretty good amount these last couple of years and i think they'll be fine! They still have there big boy Ruth up front who might be the strongest beast in tapps (he won shot and disc at state track too) everyone is counting them out but like NDs passing game I think BROWNWOOD has a lot of athletes that they just haven't had the chance or need to use because of there QBs. They are my sleeper / under the radar pick.
#3) Freddy! - pulling great coaches out of thin air?!? They might not be as talented as everyone else BUT they dang sure will be in shape, fundamentally sound, and most of all disciplined. Tallent will come but boy do they hav a great foundation in place.
#4) PINE Drive. -good defense and always seem to hav a good team but I don't know much about them .
Finally at 5 ... Lifegate. - lost a lot of talent a couple of years ago but they hav some good young boys that play tll the whistle and fly around out there on that field. Don't count out these scrappy young men.

Also I have resently heard that WF Christ Academy has cancelled there football program on account of not having enough to fill a team. Can any one conferm or deny this? And has anyone heard any other news lately ?

(sorry about the color, everything just always looks sad and plain on this thing !)

BigTex ... Pine Drive closed .... haven't heard anything from WF Christ Academy, but we'll always lose a team or two for numbers every year. Hope they'll find a few bodies between now and August 6th.

Back