2010 Texas Basketball IQ Test

BE

Six-man fan
Take this 2010 basketball test related to the state championship that begins Thursday.

1. What team is the only undefeated team in the tourney?
2. What team traveled to Hawaii for a four day tournament?
3. What team defeated teams by 135 and 101 points?
4. What team has been rated number one in the nation for much of the season?
5. What team's lowest offensive output was 82 points this season?
6. Who won by scores of 170-35, 154-39, 125-26 and 127-26 during this season?
7. Who has scored over the century mark 25 of their 32 games?
8. Who is averaging 110 points in five playoff games this year?
9. Whose closest game in the contiguous U.S. was an 82-62 outcome?
10. Which state provided the best competition for this Texas team not just once, but twice:
.........A. District of Columbia
.........B. Hawaii
.........C. Alabama
.........D. Mexico

The answers to questions 1 thru 9 are found in the choices below:

Cayuga
Nazareth
Yates
Lake Travis

If the answers aren't obvious to you google UIL, click "basketball", click "boys state tournament", and click each of those four choices.

I wonder if the head coach of this team is feeling pressure to step down, or apologize for hurting his opponents' feelings, or is being accused of having no place in our contemporary educational system?

Don't know about the coaches feelings, etc ... but I am looking forward to seeing them play! They were very impressive last year and only seem to be more so this year.

I remember the Brooksmith Boys Basketball team in the mid 70's used to try and hit 100 ppoints on everyone they played. The first time they played us it was something like 80-56. The second time we played deliberate "stall ball' and they only beat us something like 20-11. Killed their averages, they won, but we had our "own" victory.

Saw the Brookesmith Boys score 8 to 10 of Santa Anna's points in a game. They were coached by the legendary Ralph Bates. SA was pressing the dog out of B and so Ralph had them shoot for SA. Funny. Many, many Ralph stories. Savannah, you at the Chelle when he coached there?

Who can forget Ralph Bates, hard chargin, sailor talking, son of a gun. He coached along with Coach Charles Donahoe who was very religious. It was hysterical sometimes. Coach Donahoes cussing rules applied to the coaches also. I've seen Coach Bates run (er lumber) around the football fields for laps on more than one occassion.

Know three of the four, how funny. Were you among the bunch who "snuck" off from practice when Ralph was laying under the oaks on the rock wall and went to sleep during practice. Ha Hilarious, I have a couple on him that need to be on a comedy show, but they are R rated, but he was a hoot.

Back