2 a Days / and the 2024 Season

What is pick em is it just where you make picks for different teams.

The Toy will pick 30 games each week. Members of the site will pick who they think will win those 30 games, and by how much. The site will keep up with who does the best throughout the season. May even be a small prize for the winner this year.

Forget about the polls. What are we gonna do when the wet bulb says we can't practice outside for three or four days? Ideas?

Practice indoors if you need to but what happens if the web bulb whatever that is says you can't play outside at 6pm when it's still 100 degrees outside during scrimmages?

My opinion may be unpopular but I say forget the wet bulb and just practice outside like we've been doing for years. Make sure the kids are hydrated and know to continue to hydrate throughout the entire day and through the weekend. Coaches if you see the kids in the hallway at school remind them all day long to get some water. Parents if your kids are gonna play sports get them outside some during the summer so their bodies can condition to the heat. Staying inside in the ac on those damn phones and games all summer long then going out into 100 degrees with pads and running around is gonna hurt anyone I dont' care how good a shape you're in.

Practice indoors if you need to but what happens if the web bulb whatever that is says you can't play outside at 6pm when it's still 100 degrees outside during scrimmages?

My opinion may be unpopular but I say forget the wet bulb and just practice outside like we've been doing for years. Make sure the kids are hydrated and know to continue to hydrate throughout the entire day and through the weekend. Coaches if you see the kids in the hallway at school remind them all day long to get some water. Parents if your kids are gonna play sports get them outside some during the summer so their bodies can condition to the heat. Staying inside in the ac on those damn phones and games all summer long then going out into 100 degrees with pads and running around is gonna hurt anyone I dont' care how good a shape you're in.
I have a nephew that is athletic trainer at a 5A school. He gets every player a gallon or larger bottle and they are expected to drink that much water every day and I don’t think that includes practice time. If they cramp up, including games, he reminds them about drinking water. He must be doing something right, they won state at another school a couple of years back and when the Coach went to another school, he took him with him.

John Wooden was a fan of air conditioning. He was always known for his intelligence.
It took several great players for Wooden to look good not his intelligence. A lot of them were paid, jumped the gun on those NIL deals by forty years or more. A few of them talked about payola but didn't want to spoil the delusion.

Back