1st to stumble

cozmo cramer

11-man fan
Who will be the 1st to fall from the undefeated ranks.
Yes I know there are more undefeated teams in DI but I'm talking about the HEAVY WEIGHTS.

Happy
Borden County
Blum
Knox City
Ira
Gordon
Garden City

Wonder Dog":3qehkke1 said:
Who will be the 1st to fall from the undefeated ranks.
Yes I know there are more undefeated teams in DI but I'm talking about the HEAVY WEIGHTS.

Happy
Borden County
Blum
Knox City
Ira
Gordon
Garden City

happy wk 6 has Crowell

Borden County goes 10-0

Blum has Abbott which they should win and Crowell

Knox City has Crowell week 10

Ira has Robert Lee this week and Hermleigh

Gordon plays Walnut Springs wk 5 and May wk 10

Garden City vs Balmorhea

Is it just me or is Crowell in the mix in alot of these teams way of going undefeated.

Crowell will be battle tested. I can see them putting that first L on some of this teams left on the schedule. I can see Happy running the table. They are a very good physical football team. Gordon may loose if they dont over come injuries soon.

A loss or two in non-district play is not the end of the world or the season. In fact, it will be proof positive of areas on your team that needs improvement. It might even keep a team from being surprised and ambushed in district play!

Looking at it from the other perspective, I see Happy or Borden County going undefeated.I predict that whoever wins there match up in the playoffs will win it all. Crowell has a really tough schedule, but if they can stay healthy, I could see them winning every game from here forward and therefore not having an undefeated team this year in D1.

alumnihound":qt8uxli9 said:
knox city and borden county play next week. one of them will lose
Not according to the schedule. Looks like Knox City plays Vernon Northside and Borden County is at Ropes next week.

I'm sure Crowell is good (I haven't seen them this year) but they'll have to be pretty gnarly to beat Happy. They really put it on the WV at Hico and looked good doing it. It will be interesting to see who comes out of Region 1 this year with Happy, Borden County and Valley all playing good football. Region 2 (the Meat Grinder) will probably come down to the District 8 champ.

coachsteele":31xamkde said:
September 25

Borden County JV at Knox City JV 5PM
Borden County at Knox City 7PM

Woodson vs Northside

Ropes vs ???????????
Perhaps you're privy to more updated information than I am coachsteele. I was just looking at the schedules posted here and on Lone Star Football Network. If Knox City and Borden County do indeed play on the 25th it will certainly be a barn-burner.

coachsteele":1boqokpn said:
September 25

Woodson vs Northside

Ropes vs ???????????

coachsteele would know.

Ropes vs ???????????
Ropes vs Klondike

Back