1st Day Numbers

I hear and see the numbers being posted by the different teams. I have a question, when is it that a team can or should move from 6 man to 11 man. It seems to me that you have some schools struggling to fill a roster with 8-12 players while other schools are reporting 20-30 players. I now there are different divisions, just don't understand where the dividing line for 6 man stops and 11 man starts, numbers wise.

I believe the the cutoff is 99.5? But that doesn't pertain to the team numbers. So as long as they fall under the 99.5 (or whatever it is this year) it doesn't count towards that classification.

JH PACER COACH":26b6ccf6 said:
I hear and see the numbers being posted by the different teams. I have a question, when is it that a team can or should move from 6 man to 11 man. It seems to me that you have some schools struggling to fill a roster with 8-12 players while other schools are reporting 20-30 players. I now there are different divisions, just don't understand where the dividing line for 6 man stops and 11 man starts, numbers wise.
It goes by UIL enrollment numbers.
The cutoff numbers are on website.
Prolly in fhe Football manual?
Maybe.

It goes by your enrollment on a certain day in October called snapshot day.

You can turn in your count one of the following four ways.

1. Number of students in grades 7-10.
2. Number of students in grades 8-11.
3 Number of students in grades 9-12
4 Number of students in grades 9 & 10 doubled.

Most schools use the formula that turns in the least students.

The 1A cutoff is 104.5. Half of the schools go Div.I and half go Div. II.

I heard Guthrie only has 6 to 7 players. I hope the past two years were kind to them because I have a feeling some teams won't take it easy on them.

Back