1A State Championship game

Old Bearkat

Six-man expert
That would have been a heckuva game to watch. Jayton took two-time champ Graford to OT. The must have found a way to defend against the big 6'8" guy Graford had.

It would been good to see Jayton win the game since basketball is the only game in town in Graford. Congrats to Jayton on great season.

Um, Brock. Maybe should be careful what you ask for...

When I was a high school freshman (in a cave) we had one phenomenal basketball coach who was just out of college; stayed one short year.

He scheduled Brock (which he probably had to know someone to do) to, "Show us how a girl's basketball team should play."

Didn't Brock win State their first year playing FB which was RECENTLY?

Talk about a long culture of winning/excellence.

OLD BEARCAT (WHOES A TOTALLY SERIOUS KINDA GUY, NOT ALWAYS REALLY) STARTED THIS THREAD ABOUT **JAYTON** SO AGAIN, GREAT SEASON JAYBIRDS!!

But, since I'm the one who brought this up earlier, here's a 2015 News ARTICLE ON BROCK FOOTBALL:

BROCK EMERGES AS 3A DIVISION I STATE CHAMPIONS

....On Thursday night the small school outside of Fort Worth finally got its first title in the biggest Texas sport of all.

PLAYING IN ONLY IT'S SECOND YEAR OF VARSITY FOOTBALL, BROCK went toe-to-toe with one of the state's small school heavyweights, Cameron Yoe, and emerged victorious in the Class 3A, Division I state championship game at NRG Stadium.

😶No more chatting it up. No fun trying to back stuff up with facts... -MTW

Brock had a good plan on how they started their football program and they have been very successful. I believe Cameron Yoe lost their stud running back early in the state championship game you mentioned and Brock rallied after that for the win. Peaster has also started a football program in a similar manner to Brock's program with a little less success. Lipan has won a pair of basketball state championships this season, maybe they should venture outside of their comfort zone and start a football program too. All of those boys NOT on the basketball team should have a fall sport to play also. Local rival to Graford, Lipan and Brock is Santo, who won their only basketball championship (1989-1990) after they started a football program(1968).

Back