1952 Allen Eagles vs Blue Ridge in Sixman Championship

Blue Ridge and Allen were in the same district and this was for the district title ( as the story states), there was no such thing as a state championship for 6man football until 1972 (regional round/2nd round was as far as you could advance in 6man). Allen did win on 1st downs as penetration points were tied. Allen went on to lose the Bi-district game to Lockett 65-22.

You are correct and that is why I only called it a Championship not a “state” championship. The article shows it as a Championship , one that was decided on 1st downs.
Either way it is a great story!

My how things have changed since then. There are now more band members in Allen than what their population was back then. They have over 500 band members and use over 30 buses to get just the band to the games. As for Lockett, if you blink your eyes you have traveled through it.

JasonTX":nb9ps3pz said:
My how things have changed since then. There are now more band members in Allen than what their population was back then. They have over 500 band members and use over 30 buses to get just the band to the games. As for Lockett, if you blink your eyes you have traveled through it.

Lockett does not have a school any more either. I think it consolidated in 1969.

Back