‘City Boy’ Granger Huntress fills multiple roles...

granger

Six-man expert
Founder
Point Person
‘City Boy’ Granger Huntress fills multiple roles after being accepted by small towns
and six-man football

Granger Huntress stumbled into six-man football almost by accident. He has evolved into the leading six-man
authority in Texas -- the owner of the website sixmanfootball.com that provides weekly rankings and point spreads of six-man teams and games.

rest of the article

https://www.gosanangelo.com/story/s...six-man-mike-lee-granger-huntress/3998029002/

The article is under a pay-wall but the topic is well worth the price of admission... lol

A thank you to Mike Lee for calling and writing the article. And a thank you to all six-man folks for the being there through the years

If you google “San Angelo Standard times Granger Huntress” it will lead you to the story published in the Abilene Reporter News, Corpus Christi Caller Times et al.
Just lookin around ......,.....

come on granger, you know that everybody cares what the blackwell score is. lol. seriously, you have been doing this almost as long as i have, and you have always done a great job for us. thank you very much for all that you have and are continuing to do!

dmeans12":3u7e0m9x said:
come on granger, you know that everybody cares what the blackwell score is. lol. seriously, you have been doing this almost as long as i have, and you have always done a great job for us. thank you very much for all that you have and are continuing to do!

Maybe my favorite part of the article. it is the perfect hommage to Leman... Mike got it from me this summer when we were talking on the subject of fans and what they specifically care about. Blackwell was obviously out of my mouth because of Leman. Mike ran with that quote because he knows Leman and I are such good friends and how I like to tease him...

It is a statement that is at the same time false and true, a great example to make the point that is a wink and a nod deep cut. I am sure it got the desired reaction lol...good thing is Blackwell folks all know it was in good humor

PS:
I think there should be a moratorium on reporting the Blackwell score tonight

I happened upon the story in the Times Record News as it is also a part of USA Today network. Anyway I am interested in hearing more about the FBI investigation. Can that part of the story be found online?

WindthorstFan3":2tb86dmd said:
I happened upon the story in the Times Record News as it is also a part of USA Today network. Anyway I am interested in hearing more about the FBI investigation. Can that part of the story be found online?

Wow. I remember that 2005 story like it was yesterday. I got an email from Granger asking me to check it out and was on the phone with the Dad. What happened was the coach of a private school team in Houston for some reason we never figured out, decided to tell his kids to take the night off, turn in their equipment (for "repair" or something like that) and then went to San Marcos to pick up his son and a bunch of his college friends to play the game against an Austin charter school that night.

Just about every newspaper in the state picked up the story (and I think it was page 1 front of the news section in several papers). Never heard about the FBI part of the story until today, but I do remember the Rick Reilly column in Sports Illustrated that December. Couple of great lines, one was something about how as the game got on and the ringers got winded that the "ex- in "ex-player" took over.

It was a major league dumb move but I actually got to know the guy who coached (and principal) of that team. We all screw up, some more publicly than others.

Excellent Guru. I did not know about the recognition from the Sixman Coaches Association last year. Well deserved. Congratulations.

I thought the "bible of sixman football" term was bestowed by the New York Times.

You likely don't remember me buying a pink camo cap from you at half time of the 08 state game in Lubbock for my wife. Or Don Hardin introducing us for me to say hi while you were packing up to leave a few years later in Abilene. But I remember the mustard on your tie that first or second year at AT & T.

The article never mentions the Mules. Go Mules, and I don't mean the ones from Muleshoe.

Granger, I think you mentioned this some years back. But didn't what some have come to affectionately and others disparagingly call the "Toy" originate in part or become (part of?) a masters thesis at UT?

Back