Zephyr-Richland Springs-Baytown Christian scrimmage

DirtyBayBulldog

11-man fan
Some (IMO) take aways:
1) Baytown has a very good team! Plenty of athletes on the field. Baytown got off to a hot start offensively against Richland. Continued solid play all the way through.
2) Zephyr has a solid run game that will wear down opposing teams. Their JV squad gives confidence that good times will continue for the next few years.
3)R.S. made great adjustments. After Baytown jumped on them early and recieved some plays from Zephyr power run game. It looks like their spread game will be their stronger strategy.

A big "thank you" to Zephyr and Richland Springs for having us! It was a great experience to play in the heart of 6man country. That is a great facility Zephyr has and I can see why Richland Springs have the tradition they have.
Would love to be in the film room with either of those three teams to watch quality play over and over.

Trueblue94":35maww4l said:
well don't get to excited I'm pretty sure both RS and Zephyr were missing key players

I'm going to assume maybe a player or two from each team was absent. I saw a player from Richland Springs on crutches. Other than that player looks like they had everyone else available.
Not sure if Zephyr had anyone out. Didn't notice any medical equipment on their sidelines.

All other injuries on R.S. and Zephyr were dealt by each other on each other. For a moment, the teams shared an intense exchange.

I'll repeat that I'm impressed at how Baytown competed with both teams. It's a huge jump in competition to play two solid U.I.L. teams .

From where I sat, it looked like Baytown had both of the other teams "out gunned". That team is loaded with athletes. If they all stay together this year, I don't see anyone giving them too much trouble. With both Zephyr and RS having new head coaches, I could see a lot of experimenting going on. Both Zephyr and RS will improve significantly as the season progresses, with the return of key personnel, and barring unforeseen injuries.

Johnny South":3sb238bn said:
From where I sat, it looked like Baytown had both of the other teams "out gunned". That team is loaded with athletes. If they all stay together this year, I don't see anyone giving them too much trouble. With both Zephyr and RS having new head coaches, I could see a lot of experimenting going on. Both Zephyr and RS will improve significantly as the season progresses, with the return of key personnel, and barring unforeseen injuries.

I agree that R.S. and Zephyr have a positive season ahead. If you know 6man you know R.S. Programs like that improve through the season.

Zephyr has the size and intensity to have a successful season as well. Their brand of football is built for playoff runs. Ground and pound.

I don't see many teams in T.A.P.P.S. D3 competing with Baytown outside of Freddy and San Marcos. Most like the state champ is a South representative, again. Just imagine is Seguin was still in T.A.P.P.S. Talk about being loaded in the South bracket!

Oh wow. Baytown must have an impressive squad this year. To play that good against two impressive squads like Zephyr and R.S. must have been fun to watch. How many player were missing from Zephyr and R.S.?

test_em":1j5dovbs said:
Oh wow. Baytown must have an impressive squad this year. To play that good against two impressive squads like Zephyr and R.S. must have been fun to watch. How many player were missing from Zephyr and R.S.?

Only what I can see since I dont follow either Zephyr or R.S. other than over the internet, but R.S. had a kid on the sidelines using crutches. Didnt see anyone using medical equipment prior to the scrimmage on Zephyr sidelines. but Zephyr did have to players go out during the scrimmage with looks to be concerning injuries.
R.S. had one player (#8) limping on the sidelines for a period of the scrimmage.
Baytown, had a few players exit the game, but not anything preventing a return to the game.

Prayers for the players to recover quickly and successfully.

Having a little background in homeschool, I would say it’s not abnormal to get 3-4 kids that are new to enroll as is the same with the private schools, so that being said BVCHEA who already has a solid physical team could add some depth and athleticism this year.

Is there any news on how the Burkhart-led Stanton Buffaloes did during their scrimmages?

What I gathered on their MaxPrep page is last season they struggled against some of the saltier opponents on their schedule. Maybe they will be a tall task for Baytown, only way to find out is on Thursday. Good luck to both teams.

Cougar1414":8xhujd8u said:
It was a practice scrimmage. Baytown will get a reality check next week against BEVCHEA. BEVCHEA is stacked with experience.

Well Cougar, I see where Baytown really got it put on them tonight didn't they? I guess that is what you call a "reality check"!

Johnny South":iopa43gu said:
Cougar1414":iopa43gu said:
It was a practice scrimmage. Baytown will get a reality check next week against BEVCHEA. BEVCHEA is stacked with experience.

Well Cougar, I see where Baytown really got it put on them tonight didn't they? I guess that is what you call a "reality check"!
I was waiting for someone to jump on this thread... someone is eating crow tonight..

Back