Worst Offseason in Cowboys History??

truthhurts04

11-man fan
No new free agents, we lose Adams, we lose Hamlin, we already had depth issues at OL and secondary!!!!

Now Im ok with the loss of Adams and all of his penaltys but unless they are cooking a major deal to replace him all im left with is a "huh??!!"

Its not like the Cowboys were a flawless team coming off a 16-0 superbowl year! This team had some holes to fill and now we look like swiss cheese!!

Now with the draft coming up next week I would think that priorities would be LT, Saftey, DB depth, OL depth, kicker??, and maybeone more reciever.

I was hoping that the cowboys would pull off a trade for Brandon Marshall and dump Roy Williams and maybe trade Barber for an extra 2nd or 3rd rounder in the draft but right now we are left with the 27th, 59th, 90th, 125th, 196th, and 234th picks. Now unless Jerry gets his thumb out his behind and gets to work or we find a couple of diamonds in the ruff this is going to be a long and disapointing season for the Cowboys.

The upcoming schedule is ranked the 2nd toughest in the league with teams such as Saints, Packers, Vikings, Eagles, Giants, Colts, Texans and now the much improved Redskins its gonna be rough!!!

I would personally like to see us get one of the following in the 1st round:

Taylor Mays-USC S, Earl Thomas-TX S, Dez Bryant-OSU WR, or Maurkice Pouncey-FLA OL.
The 2nd round should be OL or S depending on what we get in the 1st round then start thinking depth, depth, depth!! Also we really should be looking at our free agency options!!

Im a diehard Cowboys fan and have followed them for years, I cant remember an offseason as bad as this one ever before!!

th_thSM_nopity.gif

If you look at it, the Cowboys dont need that much. They have possibly the best team in the league, and the draft has Hunter Lewrance, Jordan Shiply, and players like that, they can get replacements there. And about them being the best, they probably are, but they need to work on getting closer as a team, if they can do that no team can beat them, thats just my opinion though.

It was a smart business move to dump False Start Hotel and Hamlin because their OVERPAID salaries want count against the new cap in 2011 ( if there is football that year :( ). I doubt it, but maybe they would be smart and resign with the Boys for a cheaper price. I was disappointed too when I heard Brandon Marshall was stolen for a 2nd round pick. I wonder if Jerry went out drinking with strangers again to boast that he OVERPAID for Roy because he wanted to shut up the fans?

It can't be that bad, the cowboys may have lost a few, but i think we will fair allright. Its not like we lost witten and herd, we still have miles austin. We won't be that bad. I guess this is just the way any cowboy would see the next season. I do think we ought to send williams away for a few picks if anyone is dumb enough to do what we did last year.

If we dont trade up we should do this....

1st Round - Taylor Mays, S
2nd Round - Jordan Shipley, WR
2nd Round* - Trade Spears, Bennett, or Barber and a 4th rounder for another pic in second round. Select Bruce Cambell, OT
3rd Round - Javier Arenas, CB
4th Round - Traded
5th Round - Traded last year
6th Round - Special Teams
7th Round - Special Teams

Didnt exactly work out as planned so far

1st Round - Dez Bryant

Now we are left with only because we had to trade up.

2nd Round - I dont think we can sit back and still get a Mays or one of the top two OT left Brown and Saffold. We probally need to trade up and package our 4t round pick. Select Saffold
4th Round - Hopefully he is still here If not maybe we can trade back into late 2nd or early 3rd for Allen, S
4th Round - Traded
6th Round - OL Depth
7th Round - Special Teams

I wouldnt have given up that many picks for him especially since you probally could have gotten him in the top to middle of the 2nd round but being a Gator fan myself I like the pick for the Broncos. As long as he is given 2-3 years I think he will surprise alot of people!

I think the writing is on the wall with the Dez Bryant pick.... or at least I hope it is. Maybe Jerry will finally admit his mistake and trade Roy Uno-Uno for whatever he can get for him... maybe a pick to get a free safety, or to pick up both in the same round would be nice!!!

Its just what I see happening but, Ive been wrong before

That would be the smart thing to do! I would trade williams for next years draft pick on 2nd and 3rd rounds. If that is worth it for the other team. That would allow us to get some decent depth. Roy williams is a good reciever, except for the fact that witten gets more stats than he does because he is always open. If we give up williams we will have a problem with our other recievers being covered far greater than if we have him. Dez will do great, hopefully rookie of the year!

Back