who will be the top 2 teams

coachlife

11-man fan
Ok lets look at some of these TCAL districts and see who we think will come out on top for each district. Which team do you think will end up at the bottom of each district. Are there any of these teams that may not win their district but will be a team that everyone will need to watch out for. Lets start with Division 2 Region 1 District 1. You have:

Granbury Cornerstone
Stephenville FAITH
Premier of Comanche
Premier of Dublin

Then in Division 2 Region 1 District 5 You Have:

Cleburne Christian
Wise County Home School
Weatherford Express Home School
Newman Academy

OK, finally some movement on the TCAL board!

Here's my take...

Granbury Cornerstone - Losing 2 good seniors! however, plenty of depth with good coaching
Stephenville FAITH - State Champs, probably as good if not better than last year
Premier of Comanche - Not sure what Coach Cavitt has but you can bet he will be ready to compete
Premier of Dublin - Coach Moose is picking up a second year program, tough district for a 2nd year team

Then in Division 2 Region 1 District 5 You Have:

Cleburne Christian - District favorite with great athletes/speed returning
Wise County Home School - Rebuilding last season but look out for WCHS, 2 or 3 salty seniors that can play
Weatherford Express Home School - Here's your sleeper. Coach Tuck and crew are in their 3rd season and ready for a playoff run
Newman Academy - Coach Ivy will have his hands full in this district but he is ready for the challenge...you never know!

Looking forward to another great season!

Yes I agree with you on Granbury they may have 2 seniors leaving but they do have good coaching. I believe Coach Bobby Johnson is their coach. I believe he will have his team ready to play.

I see the district lined up as followed:

1.Stephenville Faith (they are the top dogs until someone knocks them off and he didnt loose much. He has a quarterback that is the son of strength and conditioning coach at Tarleton State University i believe)
2.Granbury Cornerstone (Will compete for first though. I like they way the run some of the shuffle passes and that O Brien wing set. They have some game that the intensity seem to not be there but they will be a year older and i think this is the team to watch out for to do some good things and suprise some people)
3.Dublin (coach moose has figured out his team pretty well plus they run that old style of 4-2 pretty well at the end of last year and kept opponents from scoring by controling the rush yardage they give up)
4. Comanche (dont know a whole lot about them but I would not be suprised if they do better than i think)

Next this district will be super competative. I see it as followed:

1. Cleaburne Christian ( Coach Bill lost a couple good players but i agree they very talented and have great team speed. He runs the O Brien Veer a lil bit but mixes up other looks also to keep you guessing. They should for sure be the favorite as of right now)
2. Newman Academy ( I know this is a shock to see this but this is my sleeper of the year. If this the same Coach Ivy that was at Grand Prairie Advantage Academy he will have his team ready to play. I remember seeing his speak at the chalk talk down in Lubbock for the Siman Football Convention. This is a first year school so it will be tough but when he took over at AAGP it was their second Year to play and they went 7-3 with a bunch of freshman and 2 seniors. I hear he is fun to watch and very into the game and the kids feed off him well. I may be wrong but i think they will be at the least better than people think mainly because many people dont know much about them)
3. Weatherford Express ( You are right Coach Tuck and his coaching staff will be ready for the season. I think he will be very impressive. They do have some good players but i think the job that coach Tuck and staff does will be the difference maker. Just watching them the last few year leaving u thinking wow in a few years people will need to watch out for this team they can make some noise and honestly if its not Newman that take that second spot it will for certainly be Weatherford)
Decatur Wise County ( I dont know a whole lot about this team but I think since this district is so wide open they can very well compete for that second spot also. If anybody knows anything about this team reply to this post and tell me. Having 2 or 3 seniors that can play can really be a factor in telling the story of the outcome of this district)

I have a feeling that this district will be an interesting one to watch. I think Cleburne takes it but the second place race will be as exciting as it gets.

Back