WEEK 7 VARSITY SCORES - 2024

ModeratorMike

Six-man master
Administrator
A fairly big change with scores this week. There is no longer a dedicated live scoreboard. Now all scores, live and final, will be shown on the main scores page. This is just to help make scores much easier to find. In case y'all haven't seen, there is also a quick search box on the scores page to help filter the scores to see only the one(s) you care about.

I'd also like to change the way this forum works a bit too. Instead of only being able to post varsity finals in here, let's have this be the place to just discuss final scores from the week. Who beat who? Was it expected? How did it happen?

Also, as always, for more live and final scores, see our official scores page. In fact, it's always recommended that scores be posted there first anyways.

Oh yeah, MCS 33 Faith 10 F

So what was the game summary of MCS vs. Faith? How'd they score 33?

They ran the opening kick off back for a touchdown, then made the extra point (1 point) conversion. A few drives later they recorded a safety. From there on they possessed the ball 7 times and kicked a field goal every time but one, which ended up being a safety for Faith. Luckily for them, their defense was on point, only giving up 2 field goals all game.

I guess I should mention, in case someone doesn't know, that the MSC/Faith is a running joke now and the real answer to the question is I have no idea where that score came from, whether it was a real result or made up. When I first took over the site I was pretty much just copy/pasting everything Granger did, and that was part of it. After looking around a bit, it looks like the first reference to this score was in 2016: https://sixmanfootball.com/threads/varsity-finals-only-week-1-2016.25880/

I guess I should mention, in case someone doesn't know, that the MSC/Faith is a running joke now and the real answer to the question is I have no idea where that score came from, whether it was a real result or made up. When I first took over the site I was pretty much just copy/pasting everything Granger did, and that was part of it. After looking around a bit, it looks like the first reference to this score was in 2016: https://sixmanfootball.com/threads/varsity-finals-only-week-1-2016.25880/
I knew that was a joke.

Here's a list of scores still needed for tonight:

Lake View Jubilee Rams vs Somerset Academy Brooks Bengals
Houston Mount Carmel Bulldogs vs Houston Cristo Rey Jesuit Lions
Priddy Pirates vs Cranfills Gap Lions
Giddings Lone Star Southeast Mustangs vs Houston Westbury Christian Wildcats
Lantana Harvest Christian Saints vs Arlington St. Paul Prep Lions
Bastrop Tribe Warriors vs New Braunfels Calvary Baptist Conquerors
Chester Yellowjackets vs Huntsville Alpha Omega Lions
Sherman Texoma Christian Eagles vs Waco Eagle Christian Eagles
Mineral Wells Community Christian Warriors vs Waco Valor Prep Knights
Hedley Owls vs McLean Tigers
Austin San Juan Diego Catholic Saints vs Austin NYOS Jaguars
Oakwood Panthers vs Brazos Valley Christian (BVCHEA) Mustangs
Williamson County Home School (WILCO) Falcons vs Valor South Austin Falcons
El Paso Leadership Academy Leaders vs Fort Hancock Mustangs
Waco Methodist Childrens Home Bulldogs vs Waco Christian Warriors
Dallas Academy Bulldogs vs Taylor St. Mary's

Here's a link to quickly add those scores, if you have them:

BVCHEA 74, Oakwood 52 (from the Palestine Herald-Press)

The Oakwood Panthers lost their homecoming contest against the Brazos Valley Christian Home Educators Mustangs Friday at Panther Memorial Stadium.

With the loss, Oakwood Athletic Director and Head Football Coach J.J. Johnson’s team is now 2-5 overall, while Brazos Valley improved to 5-1 with the win.

Assuming all these games were correct in the schedule, here are the scores needed to close this week out:

Weatherford Grace Christian Academy Colts vs Pinnacle Christian
Houston Mount Carmel Bulldogs vs Houston Cristo Rey Jesuit Lions
Lantana Harvest Christian Saints vs Arlington St. Paul Prep Lions
Sherman Texoma Christian Eagles vs Waco Eagle Christian Eagles

According to Texoma Christian’s Facebook, there was a jr high intra squad scrimmage coached by varsity players on Friday afternoon. So that makes me think their game vs Waco Eagle wasn’t played… idk tho

Forgot about this last week, but here are the stats from this week's games.

Out of 110 games played this week, the winners scored an average of 58 points and the losers scored an average of 20 points, for an average point differential of 38 points. 63 games (57.27%) ended in the mercy rule. This week only 9 games (8.18%) were "close games", or games that were within 10 points. 24 games (21.82%) ended in a shutout.

Back