Week 1 game needed

Still looking for anyone interested in playing a week one contest. Would also consider playing a Division I JV, we need a game. Thank you.

coachbill":3bqbvre0 said:
Coach, how far are you from San Antonio?
please email covenantsports.com

Thanks!

Bill ... if you're looking for games for Radiance Charter, remember this one UIL rule that will lose a lot of possible opponents. Since charter schools are eligible for UIL membership, any UIL school that plays (and loses) to a non-UIL school eligible for UIL membership is not able to compete in the playoffs in that sport.

Prairie Lea had to cancel a game against Austin NYOS a couple years ago for that reason.

It's 335 miles from Gail (Borden County) to San Antonio ... about 60 miles NW of Sweetwater/IH-20.

John

Coach, could you please tell me where that rule is in the uil athletic rules and regulations book. I have been looking all morning and have not found it yet.
Thanks, 1oldcoach

1oldcoach":2z5dahds said:
Coach, could you please tell me where that rule is in the uil athletic rules and regulations book. I have been looking all morning and have not found it yet.
Thanks, 1oldcoach

Guess what. I found it. Don't ask me how, I just did. Sorry I helped you waste your morning.

http://www.uil.utexas.edu/policy/consti ... 207_10.pdf

Section 1208 (v) (1)

Contests with Non-participating Schools

A defeat by a non-participating Texas public high schoool shall eliminate a school so defeated from the district race.

And here I thought all my knowledge was private ...

Back