Water Valley Wildcats

For those Water Valley fans out there that are buying into the hype of the Wildcats ranked at #20, ask yourself, what is that ranking based upon? The last time the six-man world saw the WV in the playoffs? If that's the case then I would rank the Wildcats at #20 as well. However, Cannon Weise isn't walking through that door any time soon and Talon Hayes is but a distant memory. Let's temper our expectations a bit and remember that these kids have played some six-man but not for the last two years. I think having coaches like Whitmire and Sisco are truly a benefit to the program and I'm behind them all the way but we've got some tough games on the schedule and the most important thing is to stand behind these kids and support them game in and game out. Try not to compare Boston to Cannon... those are tough shoes to fill and if he does, celebrate him for him and never forget just how good Cannon really was. May got lucky, they probably still don't realize it.

Redone in green after Mike showed me how.

I'm with you Backer. For most of the boys on this year's team, 6-man football is all they have played besides the past two years. The seniors played with Wiese during the 2021/2022 season. The rest of the team had pretty successful youth and JH seasons. I believe playing 11 man humbled some of the players. They were all hungry to go back to 6-man. Picking up Coach Sisco was a huge plus also. Looking forward to see what happens this season. Good Luck Wildcats!

Football Fan21,
Trey Sisco played 11-man when he went to high school at Water Valley but he won a state championship at Sterling City in 6-man. I don't know what his overall record as a head coach is but it's gotta' be pretty good because Sterling City was always tough under his guidance. I reckon the WV did alright picking him up as the defensive coordinator.

Well last week those Hermleigh Cardinals gave us a warm welcome back to sixman football. Next week will be the test for the Wildcats.

For those Water Valley fans out there that are buying into the hype of the Wildcats ranked at #20, ask yourself, what is that ranking based upon? The last time the six-man world saw the WV in the playoffs? If that's the case then I would rank the Wildcats at #20 as well. However, Cannon Weise isn't walking through that door any time soon and Talon Hayes is but a distant memory. Let's temper our expectations a bit and remember that these kids have played some six-man but not for the last two years. I think having coaches like Whitmire and Sisco are truly a benefit to the program and I'm behind them all the way but we've got some tough games on the schedule and the most important thing is to stand behind these kids and support them game in and game out. Try not to compare Boston to Cannon... those are tough shoes to fill and if he does, celebrate him for him and never forget just how good Cannon really was. May got lucky, they probably still don't realize it.

Redone in green after Mike showed me how.
May living rent free in your head all this time.

Buena Vista vs Water Valley! Any thoughts? Should be a good test for both teams. I'm having a hard time with the pick of Buena Vista by 30 but I though the same thing about Hermleigh by 8 and the pick was spot on. If Water Valley is healthy II think it will be a much closer game. GO CATS!

I thought Rochelle would have put up a little more of a fight last night. However, the Wildcat Defense is pretty solid. The WV/Rankin game next week should not disappoint. Looking forward to the matchup!

I did enjoy Rochelle's venue. Cool old stadium with rock bleachers on the home side.

I thought Rochelle would have put up a little more of a fight last night. However, the Wildcat Defense is pretty solid. The WV/Rankin game next week should not disappoint. Looking forward to the matchup!

I did enjoy Rochelle's venue. Cool old stadium with rock bleachers on the home side.
Didn’t Rochelle’s quarterback have to sit out the first half for an unsportsmanlike penalty in the previous game? That will usually take the starch out of an offense.

Didn’t Rochelle’s quarterback have to sit out the first half for an unsportsmanlike penalty in the previous game? That will usually take the starch out of an offense.
Yes, he did sit out first half. He didn't seem to have a positive impact in second half. Water Valley's defense was getting under his skin. He had an unsportsmanlike penalty for throwing the football out of frustration after being tackled.

Back