Waco Live Oak preview from Waco Tribune

freeagent

Six-man pro
Win Edmonds, sports editor for the Waco Trib, sent along this article in their football preview section on Waco Live Oak Academy (joining TAPPS for 2010 season):

go to the link for the full article:

http://www.wacotrib.com/search/content/ ... veoak.html

Live start for Live Oak Classical football program

By Brice Cherry, Waco Tribune-Herald staff writer

Back in the spring of 2007, Jordan Barker was a student at Baylor’s Truett Seminary, minding his own business, when his then-fiancee Rachel approached and posed a life-altering question:

“Do you want to coach football?”

It seemed that Waco’s Live Oak Classical school was in the market for a six-man football coach, a fact Rachel had discovered while attending a teachers’ job fair. Barker had played six-man football at powerhouse Whitharral in the Texas panhandle, graduating in 2003 following a splendid 52-2 run that included a 2001 state championship.

schedule/recap:

http://www.wacotrib.com/search/content/ ... anind.html

As one of Jordan Barker's former coaches, I just want to say that Live Oak got themselves a good one. He is a young man with a heart for God, a passion for ministering to youth, and he knows his football. He'll make mistakes, like we all do, but it won't be because he doesn't care or isn't working hard. I love that young man like a son and am pulling for him and his team.

I read this article the other day and the first thing he did was tell me that the writer messed up the record. He was 37-3 as a 3 year qb for Whitharral - he wanted to make sure I knew he wasn't trying to exaggerate his record. Good luck to the Eagles

Waco has looked good there first 2 games. lost both but did a heck of a oot better then expected. suposed to get 45d both games and made both within 15

wild dog11":2yap1gqo said:
Waco has looked good there first 2 games. lost both but did a heck of a oot better then expected. suposed to get 45d both games and made both within 15

Dog ... you may have your Waco schools mixed up; there are now two private sixman schools in Waco ...

Waco Parkview Christian and
Waco Live Oak, which is 2-0 and featured in this story. I've been told that Live Oak will be joining TAPPS in 2010-2011.

Pacerfan-I heard Zach was hurt, is this true? If so, how bad is it? Tell him coach Davis (Blake's dad) is praying for him. Congrats on the win!

Sorry to hear that. Zach is a Godly young man. I am sure he will be missed on the football team. Congrats on the win though. Tell Zach maybe now he has time to get good a table tennis and try to beat me someday. :lol:

That is absolutely terrible...I know how hard Zach worked this offseason to become a better football and basketball player. He's a good kid and a good leader. What a tough loss his senior year. Hope his recovery is speedy and successful.

Zach has taken it pretty hard and has worked as hard as anyone can in the summer to improve. I talked to him last night and he still wants to play college ball and I told him to go get it then. He also said while he still doesn't understand, he knows he just has to get better and use this to his advantage.

Back