Veteran's Day

I just want to say thank you for all of your sacrifices so that we can live in this great country. I know many of you out there on this site are veterans. You guys have blessed all of us in some way.

Again, Thank you for all of the sacrifices and time serving this great nation.
Thank you! It was and will always be an honor to have served this great nation. #SemperFI

Vererans' Day is coming up...lets honor some vets. I know there are former players out there who have served, some former and current coaches that served and people from our small towns who have pasted on who served and came back home...would love to see shout-outs and read stories about some of these people who are very vital to our survival as a country

Proud Texans and Marines Paul Hogan Young of Ranger, Texas on the left and Mervin Edward Gilland Sr of Breckenridge, Texas on the right. They served together on the battles for Guadalcanal, Tarawa and Saipan during World War II. Marine Paul Hogan Young died from wounds sustained during the Saipan campaign and was buried at sea. Mervin Gilland was wounded by sniper fire on Saipan but survived to return home to finish high school at Breckenridge, then continued education at Tarleton State, then a two-year junior college, and finished his degree at Sul Ross University. Semper FI

Attachments

• Mervin E Gilland and Paul Young   US Marines World War 2 (2).jpg
    Mervin E Gilland and Paul Young US Marines World War 2 (2).jpg
    259.9 KB · Views: 2
It’s the Marine Corps Birthday today!!! Semper Fi!!!
Yep. Yesterday was a great day. I have 2 Marine sons, one still in, he's gonna make it a career and is finishing up OCS right now. Tom made it to Gunny before he commissioned this summer.

Yesterday was also the birth of my 3rd grandson, 6 weeks premature but doing well.

I just want to say thank you for all of your sacrifices so that we can live in this great country. I know many of you out there on this site are veterans. You guys have blessed all of us in some way.

Again, Thank you for all of the sacrifices and time serving this great nation.
Thanks. I joined the Army in 1969, did basic at Bliss in El Paso, went to Fort Wolters Helicopter Primary Training Center in Mineral Wells and then to Nam.

Back