Upcoming weekend weather

I hope the forecast changes before Friday. I don't like to see games played on Monday and Tuesday, like I've seen this year. Doesn't seem like football to me. But, if that's what the man upstairs dials up, we'll live with it and go from there.

Most of the falling weather may be over with by Saturday. Biggest chance for falling weather is on Thursday. About a 60% chance then, it drops down to 30% on Saturday.

My weather bug is forecasting a low of 9 degrees for Friday night. I don't care what's falling from the sky, 9 degrees is cold. Froze my ears off - literally - in 9 degree weather.

Todays changes for this weekend. Thursday the chances for falling weather has dropped to 40%. Saturday it is at 20%, but they are calling for the temperture to range from 33 down to 28.

Thursday
45 | 30 °F
Chance of Rain
50% chance of precipitation
Friday
36 | 25 °F
Ice Pellets
40% chance of precipitation
Saturday
35 | 31 °F
Ice Pellets
40% chance of precipitation

One good thing about losing last Saturday is that Zach and I will get to hunt this weekend. Rut, cold, new moon..... I smell sausage.....

Tomorrow
84 | 48 °F
Partly Cloudy
Thursday
48 | 29 °F
Overcast
Friday
35 | 25 °F
Ice Pellets
30% chance of precipitation
Saturday
32 | 29 °F
Ice Pellets
40% chance of precipitatio

You are too bad Shane. I've been waiting on some tube sausage and haven't gotten a deer yet. Zach has got a good time coming no matter which way anything goes. Good luck and have fun with that boy, Shane. He's your best friend for life.

I've gone back and read most of my post and I've flopped like a cow patty in most of them. I need to read first and not get so excited. I'm sure half of you are wondering what in the heck is wrong with that lady. I'll try to be a little more careful.

Valley vs Crowell Saturday, Dec 7 6:00 PM Childress
Childress Weather
Forecast Childress

Grandfalls vs Follett Friday, Dec 6 6:00 PM Muleshoe
Muleshoe Weather
Forecast Muleshoe

Newcastle vs Milford Saturday, Dec 7 7:00 PM Glen Rose
Glen Rose Weather
Forecast Glen Rose

May vs Abbott Saturday, Dec 7 7:30 PM Hico
Hico Weather
Forecast Hico

Dallas The Covenant vs. Boerne Geneva Saturday, Dec 7 12:00 PM Zephyr
Fredericksburg Heritage vs. SA Castle Hills Saturday, Dec 7 6:00 PM Zephyr
Zephyr Weather
Forecast Zephyr

TAPPS just posted this (full text below) on its facebook page:

We are continually assessing weekend weather and impacts on Championship Football games. Stay tuned for updates! #tappsfb

rainjacktx":1dy3h2wu said:
My weather bug is forecasting a low of 9 degrees for Friday night. I don't care what's falling from the sky, 9 degrees is cold. Froze my ears off - literally - in 9 degree weather.

I grew up in cold weather. I remember driving home from college in a Ford Pinto with a hole in the floorboard and no heater in -84 below windchill (that's before they learned you could heat up a Ford Pinto real fast if somebody hit you from behind...), but I never was as cold in my life as when it was 9 degrees above in San Antonio.

Yes, that Glen Rose game with Trinidad and Panther Creek, wasn't it? Not as cold though as Amherst-Samnorwood in Silverton back in '94.

My son is supposed to have a soccer tournament in Temple this weekend. They canceled it once, but claim it will only be canceled this time with rain, no matter how cold.

Back