Underwoods

Old Bearkat

Six-man expert
No passage through Brownwood or Waco is complete without a stop at Underwoods. BBQ is good, but those cobblers are to die for!

Hard 8 in Stephenville is a cardioligist's worst nightmare (and one of my favorite dreams). Dead cow, pig, and chicken grilled and/or smoked to your heart's content (or blockage).

<BLOCKQUOTE><font>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Old Bearkat:<BR><STRONG>No passage through Brownwood or Waco is complete without a stop at Underwoods. BBQ is good, but those cobblers are to die for!</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>the cobbler is the only good thing there.<BR>I will oftern stop at McDonalds, then go to Underwood's for desert.

I wouldnt come through Waco looking for an Underwoods anymore, they left town almost 10 years ago.....and then came the Mongolian Grill and now its called Waco Steak and Fish??? Or something like that

Too bad. The last time we stopped there was over 10 years ago and I just assumed that it would always be there. Waco's loss.

The last time I ate at Underwoods was my soph. year. We played their j.v. team and were beat sixty something to nothing. We then had underwoods on the bus. I hurled all the way home.

For BBQ, you gotta come down south just a little bit.... Saltlick in Driftwood (Near Dripping Springs) Cooper's in Llano, and Blacks BBQ in Lockhart are head and shoulders above most places. <P>Still if you are looking for good bbq from a chain restraunt, you can't go wrong with Rudy's. I recommend the moist brisket and sausage links.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kindalookin:<BR><STRONG>The last time I ate at Underwoods was my soph. year. We played their j.v. team and were beat sixty something to nothing. We then had underwoods on the bus. I hurled all the way home.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>You played Underwoods' jv? Their varsity must have been killer that year!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MattC:<BR><STRONG>I wouldnt come through Waco looking for an Underwoods anymore, they left town almost 10 years ago.....and then came the Mongolian Grill and now its called Waco Steak and Fish??? Or something like that</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I have always been told the place to go in Waco is George's... home of the Big O.

I remember my Freshmen year on in basketball I was JV and we had a tourament in Zerphy. We had 2 games on Saturday and won the first one. We went and ate underwoods and everyone pigged out. When we took the court man I was slow (my gut was about to exploded) we still won but good times!

Georges has a great breakfast, and a good Big-O( made popular by fat....I mean Pat Green), the chicken fried steak is good there to, its really about the only cool, and i use the term loosely, place to go in Wacko.<P>I meant to bring up Coopers in LLano earlier but didnt get around to it, its a good joint( There are a few other Coopers around the state to right???)<P>Hard 8 in Stephenville has been good sometimes, but other times ive been there it hasnt been to good. The all you can drink Miller Lite was excellent however.<P>The Turkey shop in Abbott was almost like a tradition, everyone in the Tri-county area had to eat there atleast once.<P>West, Texas is my hometown and I know most of the people on this board have stopped at Czech Stop and gotten a Kolache right??? Next time do your self a favor and drive into town and go to either the Ole Czech smokehouse or the village backery, beats Czech Stop into the ground anyday

Back