UIL DII week 10 breakdown

Shad Kline

Six-man fan
Region 1
District 1
Follett @ Lefors for the district trophy. Follett is ranked #1 in state on multiple polls and ranking systems. Lefors is also 2-0 in district play, and they are good. But are they Follett good? Follett 45 point favorites all around. Fort Elliott vs Higgins for 3rd.

District 2
Undefeated Groom travels to Motley County in a battle for the district title. Both have clinched a playoff spot, so this is for position and the trophy. Granger has Groom picked by 8, I have them picked by 27. Silverton and Hedley will play for 3rd.

District 3
Whitharral will go to Lazbuddie this year and battle it out for 2nd place and a playoff spot. Amherst is the district champion and will play Cotton Center on Friday, Cotton Center has been eliminated. Whitharral is the 45 point favorite on both systems.

District 4
Lorenzo is travelling to district leading New Home. This is one of those districts that could end 4 different ways. Southland is at Wilson and should win that one, but I’ll give all of the scenarios. If New Home and Southland win, then New Home is 1st, Southland 2nd. If New Home and Wilson Win, New Home 1st, 3 way tie for 2nd. If Lorenzo and Southland win, 3 way tie for 1st. If Lorenzo and Wilson win. Lorenzo 1st, New Home 2nd. Spreads, we both have New Home and Southland by 45.

Region 2
District 5
Loop @ Dawson for the District championship. They are both in for the playoffs and will be battling for the right to not have to play Grandfalls-Royalty in the first round and the trophy. The Guru has Dawson by 13 and I have Loop by 14. It should be a good one. Sands and Wellman-Union will play for 3rd place.

District 6
The 6 team district. Grandfalls-Royalty will go to Sanderson on Thursday night looking for the district sweep and the championship. Sanderson can force a 3 way tie by beating GR, as long as Balmorhea beats Dell City, which they should. If Sanderson and Dell City were to win, Sanderson would be the district champs and bump GR to the second position. If Grandfalls wins, Balmorhea is the runner-up, regardless if they win or not. The other game is Sierra Blanca and Buena Vista, both eliminated and playing for 4th place. The spreads from both rankings are both GR and Balmorhea by 45. ***EDIT*** I have been informed that Dell City has forfeited their game against Balmorhea, leaving Balmorhea with the win.

District 7
Loraine will travel to Trent on Thursday to try to lock up the district with a win. They are the 45 point favorite on both rankings. This is another district that can come out in many different ways if the unexpected happens. Lueders-Avoca will take on Westbrook and are also 45 point favorites. If Loraine and LA win as expected it will be Loraine 1st and LA 2nd. If Loraine and Westbrook win it would be Loraine 1st and a 3 way tie for 2nd. If Trent and Lueders wins, there will be a 3 way tie for first. And if Trent and Westbrook were to pull off the upsets, Trent would take first and Loraine 2nd.

District 8
Simplest explanation yet, Lohn and Panther Creek both forfeited their district season. Blackwell has already played, and beaten Robert Lee, so Blackwell 1st, Robert Lee 2nd.

Region 3
District 9
Guthrie will host Aspermont this Friday and can clinch the district title with a win. Leaving Jayton, who takes on Patton Springs this week in second as long as they win. An Aspermont and Jayton win would send the district into a 3 way tie for first. A Guthrie and Patton Springs win would result in a 3 way tie for 2nd. Finally, Aspermont and Patton Springs both getting wins would put Aspermont in 1st and Guthrie in second. Spreads are Guthrie by 45 and I got em by 41. Jayton is the 45 point favorite by both rankings.

District 10
Northside is District champs, Rule is out. Both are off this week. Harrold will travel to Chilicothe for the 2nd place playoff spot. That makes for a nice; win or go home playoff atmosphere. Granger has Chili by 24, I have 'em by 18. That’s close enough in 6 man to make it interesting.

District 11
Newcastle District champs, Woodson is done. Gold-Burg and Forestburg will play Friday in Forestburg for the runner-up position. Spread shows Gold-Burg by 30 according to the site toy, and Gold-Burg by 45 in mine.

District 12
Strawn will go to Moran Friday night expecting to seal the district championship. Strawn is the 45 point favorite. Rising Star is supposed to play Sidney this week, but I believe Sidney has forfeited their district schedule and won’t be playing. As long as Strawn wins, they will be 1st, Rising Star 2nd.

Region 4
District 13
Richland Springs, last years 3-peat state champions, has locked down the trophy and will finish their regular season with Brookesmith. Mullin will host Blanket for the 2nd place playoff position. The sixman.com spread is Mullin by 5. I have Blanket by 2. This may very well be the game of the week in all of UIL sixman football.

District 14
Oglesby will travel to Prairie Lea this Friday looking for a win to lock up the district championship. Cherokee is 1-1 in district and with an Oglesby win will be the 2nd spot. It’s only a 3 team district so Cherokee is off this week. Oglesby is the 45 point favorite on both systems.

District 15
Jonesboro will host Cranfills Gap for the district championship. Both have secured a playoff spot. Spread is Jonesboro by 45 by everyones standard. Iredell and Morgan will play for 3rd.

District 16
Milford will go to Calvert for the district title game. Both are in the playoffs. Winner takes 1st, loser takes 2nd. The Guru has Milford winning by 6, my spread is Milford by 1. If the Blanket/Mullin game isn’t the game of the week, this one surely is. Trinidad and Karnack will battle it out for the 3rd place position.

Great work. That took some time.

Personally, I think you and Granger are both wrong on the Motley County - Groom score. But me thinking the spreads are off should not come as a shock to anyone.

rainjacktx":3bik9ot3 said:
Great work. That took some time.

Personally, I think you and Granger are both wrong on the Motley County - Groom score. But me thinking the spreads are off should not come as a shock to anyone.
Personally, I think we are too. Like I said before, the spreads is nothing more than a machine making a guess based on past performance, no heart, history, or the will to win is taken into account. If I were pickin without a machine, I would take MC.

So the DII East 1st round of the playoff's could look something like this:
Guthrie vs Chillicothe
Newcastle vs Rising star
Strawn vs Gold Burg
North side vs Jayton

Rising Star vs Cherokee
Jonesboro vs Milford or Calvert
Milfor or Calvert vs Cranfills Gap
Oglesby vs Mullin or Blanket
?????????????????????????????

51eleven":358kmv4y said:
Guthrie vs Chillicothe
Newcastle vs Rising star
Strawn vs Gold Burg
North side vs Jayton

Rising Star vs Cherokee
No, cause rising star dont get to be in it twice.

And you didn't put in Richland springs

hornkeeper12":3r61cc90 said:
51eleven":3r61cc90 said:
Guthrie vs Chillicothe
Newcastle vs Rising star
Strawn vs Gold Burg
North side vs Jayton

Rising Star vs Cherokee
No, cause rising star dont get to be in it twice.

And you didn't put in Richland springs

OOP's. Should have been Richland Springs vs Cherokee.

Region I .... GOI(Game of Interest) Groom vs Motley County...Top pick of the week..Groom edges MC for District title....

Region II ... GOI ... Loop vs Dawson...Dawson with the win...

Region III ... GOI ... All District Titles appear a lock...Chillecothe at home over Harrold in a RU game.

Region IV ... GOI ... Milford at Calvert...Milford the winner...good close game....

PopRay":2i65m3c3 said:
Region I .... GOI(Game of Interest) Groom vs Motley County...Top pick of the week..Groom edges MC for District title....

Region II ... GOI ... Loop vs Dawson...Dawson with the win...

Region III ... GOI ... All District Titles appear a lock...Chillecothe at home over Harrold in a RU game.

Region IV ... GOI ... Milford at Calvert...Milford the winner...good close game....

Agree completely except for Region III. Gold-Burg and Forestburg will be an interesting game. Not saying a close game, last year gold-burg dominated by halftime, but its still a really intense rivalry game. Should be interesting to see how the players react in the pressure of the rivalry. Anything can happen in those games.

I will be in Corsicana on Friday night and may be able to sneak out to a game in the area. Is the Loop at Dawson game my best bet this weekend?

GSB":3726adta said:
I will be in Corsicana on Friday night and may be able to sneak out to a game in the area. Is the Loop at Dawson game my best bet this weekend?
The loop at Dawson game is no where near Corsicana. Aquilla at Abbott will be your best bet.

Oh, I saw a Dawson, Texas between Corsicana and Waco and assumed that was the six-man Dawson. I now see it is in West Texas. Alright, maybe I can make it to the Abbott/Aquilla game. We saw those Abbott boys before their game in Hico. They were huge. Then we later saw they got whooped and wondered what happened. Honestly, those were some of the biggest six-man kids I have ever seen.

Back