Uh oh

I think all in all, TAPPS Division I is having an off year but yes DC as well. But, it really only matters when district starts and anything can happen come district, playoffs, etc.

I'm excited about the new district. We won't really know how everyone really stacks up until they start playing each other. DC and ACHS may be playing each other first game of district with only 1 or 2 wins between them and that is crazy to me.

I just don't think the private schools are as strong as they were the last couple of years. Especially when it comes to playing against the public school teams. Last couple of years, private had been able to be pretty competitive against public school but not so much this season.

I wouldn't count Covenant out just yet. I'd bet their JV team is better than most varsities in TAPPS. They play an honest to goodness, challenging schedule. Coach Helton knows his stuff and I'm sure he will have his team ready for district and another long run in the playoffs.

ACHS has had some injury issues. 4 starters out against Ira and a couple out this week. We have a bye next week and from the talks I've had with some of the kids we should be at full strength by district.
This could be the most intriguing district race in all of tapps.

"Coach Helton knows his stuff and I'm sure he will have his team ready for district and another long run in the playoffs."

I agree. I would never count out Covenant because of Coach Helton. He is one the best coaches in 6 man: private or public. His teams are always discipline, smart, and aggressive. They will definitely be prepared for their opponents come district.

"Yeah I agree. With Boerne being the favorite, do you think they have an challengers?"

Here are my top 5 picks and list. I would say these teams would be the biggest challengers for Boerne. Again, this would be my list and I could be wrong. I haven't seen a lot of teams play this season. I would love to hear a lot of other people's opinion. I've notice the lack of post this season for TAPPS 1. This use to be one the most exciting spots on sixmanfootball.com. I see a lot of views but not very post.

1. Boerne
2. Midland
3. Covenant
4. Rockwall
5. Baytown

"Coach Helton knows his stuff and I'm sure he will have his team ready for district and another long run in the playoffs."

There is no doubt that Coach Helton is a great coach. He has proven that for several years. However, the last 3 years he has had some top talent. Basically, a team full of juniors won State 2 years ago and last year won with a team full of talented seniors. Unfortunately, the talent pool has dropped significantly. They've lost 3 this year and a couple of those are to teams that would have been 45'd at halftime in previous years. You never know in six man though....get a couple of kids back healthy and they could make a run. We'll see...

Things are getting interesting. I'm looking forward to the start of district! We really get a good look at the rankings of the teams and how they truly stack up.

Here is a new top ten.

1. Boerne
2. Midland
3. Covenant
4. Rockwall
5. Baytown
6. Hill Country
7. Watauga
8. Sugar Land
9. Katy
10. Round Rock

"I've also seen Baytown play, I would prepare if I played them."

I think every team should prepare against every opponent they are facing.

"They put up a very poor performance against Lucas Christian, and Rockwall Heritage 45'd Lucas 64-8 at half."

Things will start to level out and we tend to find who really are contenders once district starts. You have to remember, I don't think we have seen the best from all the teams. Some coaches like to hold things out until district, some teams work on things during non district games to see what really works, and sometimes some teams are just better match ups for other teams. I really do think this is one of the most even seasons for TAPPS 1 and 1-10 could win or lose any game during district or playoffs. It wouldn't surprise me to see a low seed beat a top seed.

I'm just very confident in the team I cheer for and I will cheer for them, believe in them, and be proud of them no matter what. That is why I love this site, so we could give our opinions, and trust me there are only opinions. We should be proud of our boys and feel they should beat anyone they face. I have a lot trust in the coaching staff and players. Experience come district and playoffs is very important. We have a very experience staff who have been in this situation and know how to prepare the boys the best they can every week. Some teams out there have first year head coaches and there are growing pains that come with that.

I'm looking forward to the rest of district and coming on here and sharing OPINIONS.

Back