Turning 11 man field into 6 man??

footballking

11-man fan
Hey guys I will be converting at 11 man field into 6 man field without moving the goal post. What is the mesurments of a six man field? Just trying to figure out how the goal post will come into play?? I was told to paint the field and just mark what would be a 3 yard mark for FG? Is that correct

footballking":elrccc0m said:
Hey guys I will be converting at 11 man field into 6 man field without moving the goal post. What is the mesurments of a six man field? Just trying to figure out how the goal post will come into play?? I was told to paint the field and just mark what would be a 3 yard mark for FG? Is that correct

The best place to find dimensions, etc. is the last two pages of the UIL comparisons

http://www.uiltexas.org/files/athletics ... e_2013.pdf

The official uprights for sixman are 9 ft high, 25 feet wide. But you wouldn't be the first one on the block to mess that up (I did when we built the Lifegate field in 2003).

Why wouldn't you just move the posts?
You're gonna have to make several other changes as well so...

commit already.

Actually,
I'm familiar with all the different dimensions.
I was just wondering why not just do it all.
Isn't there more involved than jus the posts?
he asked knowingly.

Maybe they're jus converting as little as possible
till they can go back down to 11man?

Footballking, let me know if I can be of help with the field transformation. When I was the AD/Head FB coach at Summit Christian Academy we made the same transformation of the field. It's not hard all and you have a cpl options on how to handle it. Email me at [email protected]

Back