Tribe Consolidated week 3 now open

coachbill

11-man fan
Conroe Christian has cancelled their season. We have the refs scheduled for a home game Saturday September 20th at 7:00. We would consider traveling depending on the distance.
Thanks!
Billy Helm
512-748-7931
[email protected]

coachbill":zyd1x281 said:
Conroe Christian has cancelled their season. We have the refs scheduled for a home game Saturday September 20th at 7:00. We would consider traveling depending on the distance.
Thanks!
Billy Helm
512-748-7931
[email protected]

Thanks for the info (and congrats on the win Friday in Waco) ... is this the same Conroe Christian group that played Houston Clear Lake Christian (and won 70-63) this week ... and is the same Conroe Christian non-school group (included kids from other schools, public & private, as well as home schoolers) last year?

John,

Thanks for the congrats! Our boys played great. We did our best not to 45 Waco and all 14 of our boys got to play. Waco is very young, but fought all the way to the finish. Over 1/2 of our team has never played football and two of those boys (one 6'8" and the other 6'4" with 4.6 speed) racked up over 600 yards together. I have not received the stats back from our stats person but I believe the number could be much greater. Prayerfully, with no injuries we could have our first winning season. Win or loose our boys will honor God!

Yes, to your question. Coach Jackson, who by the way is a great guy, cancelled his season after the way his team represented themselves in Fridays game. He has been a great help to me this last year steping into the sixman game. I am sorry this happened to such a kind and hard working coach.

Thanks again John for all time you put into this site! It has been a blessing to me and I know to many others.

Billy Helm

coachbill":27fv8gt9 said:
John,

Thanks for the congrats! Our boys played great. We did our best not to 45 Waco and all 14 of our boys got to play. Waco is very young, but fought all the way to the finish. Over 1/2 of our team has never played football and two of those boys (one 6'8" and the other 6'4" with 4.6 speed) racked up over 600 yards together. I have not received the stats back from our stats person but I believe the number could be much greater. Prayerfully, with no injuries we could have our first winning season. Win or loose our boys will honor God!

Yes, to your question. Coach Jackson, who by the way is a great guy, cancelled his season after the way his team represented themselves in Fridays game. He has been a great help to me this last year steping into the sixman game. I am sorry this happened to such a kind and hard working coach.

Thanks again John for all time you put into this site! It has been a blessing to me and I know to many others.

Billy Helm

Billy ... thanks for the news.

Games are going to end by the 45 rule regardless of what you do. Reminds me of my old high school basketball coach (in the 1970s). He had always played ball control ... you know 45-35 games were the norm. But for a few years he had a run and gun team, led by his son, who was as close to being Pete Maravich as Pete himself. Anyway, Coach never wanted to go over 100 points (this in the days before the 3 point shot; Lord help us what we would have scored with that rule), thinking that was running up the score. So one night, we're playing a team that wasn't real good to start with ... middle of the fourth quarter, we're in the mid 90's already and Coach notices the score. Subs are already in the game and they can't miss, either. He walks across the scorers table to the other team's coach and says he'll tell his guys to stop shooting and keep it under 100. The other coach says, go ahead, it doesn't matter. We won 113-46 and after that night, he never had a problem going over 100 (in fact, we had to go over it the next game to win 101-90).

I haven't been a big fan of the club teams such as Conroe Christian, but I sure will salute Coach Jackson for insisting on Christian behavior by his team (I had heard that was a problem last year). I know TAPPS is really focusing on "Competition with Honor," using a carrot ... and a BIG STICK to encourage honorable behavior among coaches and players ... here's an example of that in action.

John

PS ... The thanks for this site goes to Granger. He just lets me play the piano in the lounge for tips ...

Back