Tony Romo

rainjacktx

Six-man fan
Why is he still starting? Why is he still in the NFL? I have given him the benefit of the doubt for the last couple of seasons. But as of today, I am officially off the Romo bandwagon.

Do you think Jon Kitna is better than Romo? Romo may not be a top 10 quarterback, but he is the best they have right now. Could you imagine if the Cowboys would have kept their 1st round pick a few years ago and drafted Brady Quinn. Romo sucks right now, but it COULD BE A LOT WORSE!!!!.....I wonder how Quincy Carter is doing? Maybe Jerry should bring back Bledsoe or Intercepverde back from the old folks home......

Id like to see what Jon Kitna could do with the O-line and receiving corp Dallas has. Not saying he is better, but I don't see why he couldnt have done just as well as Romo has thus far this year. It could be worth a shot. And I am a Romo fan.... Just think maybe the pressure and hype is getting to him. It definitely seems to be more of a mental issue than a physical issue for him. He is not a leader, and that is ok with me... Your quarter back does not necessiarily always have to be the vocal leader of the team. It could be a linebacker, running back, reciever, etc... but I feel that someone has to take this team on their shoulders in order for them to be successful.

Kitna is far worse than Romo...He couldn't even do a half-azz job in a pre-season game. On the other hand, that was the worst quarterback performance I have ever seen!! Romo had plenty of time to throw but seemed to overthrow everyone. The offensive line for Dallas looked pretty good....Even Flozel Adams didn't mess up to much and if you only knew how much I disliked Flozel....Time for a change in Dallas. Gruden needs to take over coaching and Colt Mccoy needs to get this year over and get his butt to Dallas!!!!

oopty-oop":18gi4f0t said:
Id like to see what Jon Kitna could do with the O-line and receiving corp Dallas has. Not saying he is better, but I don't see why he couldnt have done just as well as Romo has thus far this year. It could be worth a shot. And I am a Romo fan.... Just think maybe the pressure and hype is getting to him. It definitely seems to be more of a mental issue than a physical issue for him. He is not a leader, and that is ok with me... Your quarter back does not necessiarily always have to be the vocal leader of the team. It could be a linebacker, running back, reciever, etc... but I feel that someone has to take this team on their shoulders in order for them to be successful.

Well said! In my opinion, that is the BIGGEST problem with the Boys, leadership. There is NONE right now. Until Jerry finally lets Yuck Yuck go, the Boys will be up and down. Yuck Yuck is a nice man, good Defensive coach, but NOT a LEADER. I am afraid Jerry is going to be stubborn and wait till the end of the season to go ahead and do what is right. Which will mean a LONG SEASON for the Boys and all of the Fans......I like Gruden, he is a Great Leader, but I dont know if he would want to work under a owner like Jerry. Al was probably enough for him. Even though it is hard to say, I would love to have Cowher be the next coach. Would be VERY surprised if that happened though. I would be happy to see Shanahan there, but they would have to get a GOOD defensive coordinator too! If Shanahan comes next year, maybe he could bring Kubiak as his OC/QB coach so he could mentor Romo since he will be looking for work too.......

Gruden, Cowher, or how bout Dungy? All would be better than what they got! I really don't think Dungy will come out of retirement because he seems a good fit as a mentor and helping players spiritually.

hogcaller10":30493lw3 said:
Gruden, Cowher, or how bout Dungy? All would be better than what they got! I really don't think Dungy will come out of retirement because he seems a good fit as a mentor and helping players spiritually.

Problem with any of those coaches is dealing with what I'd call a micromanager boss. And with guys like Jimmy Johnson and Bill Parcells, he still was a micromanager, so I'm not sure Jerry Jones is willing to change his stripes.

hogcaller10":70ygg8j3 said:
Do you honestly think that any great coach would come and and be a yes man to JJ? The last great coach that the Cowboys had was Jimmy Johnson and Jerry couldn't keep his mouth shut. We all know how that ended. The only hope that the Cowboys have is a new owner and that's NOT happening! Until that day happens, I will stay with my Steelers! WOW a QB that strives under pressure and wins!

allforhim":f3gfkb4d said:
hogcaller10":f3gfkb4d said:
Do you honestly think that any great coach would come and and be a yes man to JJ? The last great coach that the Cowboys had was Jimmy Johnson and Jerry couldn't keep his mouth shut. We all know how that ended. The only hope that the Cowboys have is a new owner and that's NOT happening! Until that day happens, I will stay with my Steelers! WOW a QB that strives under pressure and wins!

I didn't say that any of these would come to the Cowboys.......just a little wishful thinking! :oops:

hogcaller10":1jl5ia4u said:
allforhim":1jl5ia4u said:
hogcaller10":1jl5ia4u said:

I didn't say that any of these would come to the Cowboys.......just a little wishful thinking! :oops:
Which of these three would be the best fit, IF Jerry would stay out of it? I personally like Cowher and not just because he is a former Steeler coach. I just think that his no nonsense mentality would be the best for the team.

allforhim":1pwgneg4 said:
Which of these three would be the best fit, IF Jerry would stay out of it? I personally like Cowher and not just because he is a former Steeler coach. I just think that his no nonsense mentality would be the best for the team.[/quote]

What's that saying: If Candy and Nuts were Ifs and Buts, every day would be a candy Christmas.

Any QB who has any accuracy at all could play behind the Cowboys' O-Line. Kitna did a pretty decent job up in Detroit and he had nothing to protect him and no one to throw to. Right now I'd take anything over Romo. The guy has about as much focus as a broken camera lens.

As for Colt being a good or even marginal pro QB. Name the last tu QB who was worth anything in the pros. And no - nut case Young does not count (honestly, he should go to the CFL, or the new UFL). It's a jinx. Go to tu - you will be a journeyman at best in the NFL.

I felt like bumping this thread back up for all you Romo haters. I love how no one acknowledges him when he's playing at a high caliber. Anyone who said they should start Kitna or the wasted draft pick from A&M over him isn't very football intelligent.

when his had games turn to 1 or 2 mistakes in a game then I might give him some respect. When your bad days is 4 and 5 turnovers then your horrible. You never rate a quarterback on how good they can be when things are clicking but you rate them how good they are on bad days. Your a good quaterback if you can throw 3 interceptions and still manage to win the game. If tony romo throws 2 interceptions you better expect 2 r 3 more turnovers plus bad choices.

This Sunday will be a good test for Romo and the rest of the Boys.....Romo is the best Cowboy QB since Aikman, but that is not saying much, lol......Romo will still have bad games, but if he can get REAL coaching, he will be a good starting QB.......

Back