To The Rochelle Hornets

olderelk

11-man fan
After reading a post made earlier in the year stating it had been 50 years since Rochelle had won district, I figured y'all had
gone on to bi-district after that. After reading a post today it sounded like y'all had never won district. So I had to go to
lonestarfootball.net and check y'all out. I found out Rochelle and Eden had tied for district in '61 with Eden advancing and
winning bi-district and regional (as far as a class B team could go) after that. (that had to hurt) Rochelle was 8-1-1 that year
with the only loss being to Lometa 12-8 in the second week of the season after shutting Evant down in the first week.
"After watching his team never get past midfield and fail to register a single first down in last week's 23-0 loss to Rochelle,
Evant Coach Dick Varichak Monday junked his single-wing attack and went back to the winged-T employed last year."

source: Gatesville Messenger
Rochelle deserves an undisputed District Championship in 2011. They can get it by winning the battle of the hornets.
Come on Rochelle, end the drought, beat Lometa. You have a fan here.

Yes sir , thank you again olderelk,I hope our boys come out hungry for the win, and good luck to the elks again and hope everyone stays safe and healthy for next season!

Thanks for the well wishes for the elks.
Saw an earlier score and ya'll were down by 22, then only lost by 6.
Must have been a fight to the finish, never giving up.
Congrats on a really good year and for making the playoffs.
Regroup and come out stinging. Give them heck in the playoffs.

The curse continues. Our boys did fight to the finish -- we just got a late start. The beginning of the game was a little rocky for us. We made mistakes that hadn't been made all year, but we're not finished yet. Our guys hope to WIN a playoff game. We've never done that before either.

Back