The Best Match-up Of The Week

BigCzech

Six-man fan
If you could go to ANY 6-man game this weekend which one would it be, and why? Which game out there will give you the most bang for your $ ?

Will be at Hico on Saturday...again. Four games for ten bucks is not a bad bang for the buck! Of course, it may cost more this year. I expect the Milford and Abbott game to be the best of the four. If Mount Calm doesn't find more defense than they showed last year in the playoffs Gorman may 45 them. Strawn has a wealth of young talent, but may need more games to really mature into a good team. It will be interesting to see what offensive sets Blum will use under their new head coach. Unless the leopard has changed its spots, Strawn will have a hard-nosed onside kick at every oppurtunity. Bryson had what looked like a good soild team last year that was too undisciplined to be consistant in what they did well.
They should still have enough to handle Walnut Springs.

The closest and worst matchup for the week will undoubtedly be Lohn against Prairie Lea. You will for sure get the least bang for your buck. Very closely matched!

In my opinion I would say Guthrie vs Crowell. I do expect Crowell to win, but not by a 45 point margin even though the spread says otherwise. Landon Roberts will make this Crowell defense work. Both teams are very capable of making deep playoff runs once again this year.

I would say .... any team from the EAST is worth watching......WEST is always to HYPED, good to look at.... but in the end... your reputation and inflation by the fans and media lets you down. ( kinda like HILLDABEEST)

I would say Guthrie vs Crowell will be the best one to watch this week pretty evenly matched game. Some people will get a glimpse of playoff football in week one. # jagnation #25

Cougarfan13":3gbp9b05 said:
I would say .... any team from the EAST is worth watching......WEST is always to HYPED, good to look at.... but in the end... your reputation and inflation by the fans and media lets you down. ( kinda like HILLDABEEST)

Just add D2 to the front of all that and we can agree whole heartedly

Cougarfan13":2z4bcqtb said:
So Abbott wins a D1 championship for the East for the first time in seven years and suddenly the West is hyped? You might have a leg to stand on if you were just talking D2 but clearly you are not. Remember Cougarfan13, he who speaks in absolutes often ends up looking like a fool. Hide and watch Cougarfan13, together we'll see how it all shakes out.

honestly I would go to Harrold v Patton Springs

also Prairie Lea v Lohn

these are going to be close games
and you would be supporting these teams that dont get a lot of attention and might get a kick out of a larger crowd at their games

Leman Saunders":1s8wpl1u said:

also Prairie Lea v Lohn

and you would be supporting these teams that dont get a lot of attention and might get a kick out of a larger crowd at their games
According to the Waco Trib. Patton Springs has already forfeited due to a lack of players.
Harrold currently has five guys and a girl so they get the win.

olderelk":17np92ra said:
Leman Saunders":17np92ra said:

also Prairie Lea v Lohn

According to the Waco Trib. Patton Springs has already forfeited due to a lack of players.
Harrold currently has five guys and a girl so they get the win.
It will be just a little hard to live that one down. Lost to a girl!

WV Backer":5bns41hr said:
Cougarfan13":5bns41hr said:
So Abbott wins a D1 championship for the East for the first time in seven years and suddenly the West is hyped? You might have a leg to stand on if you were just talking D2 but clearly you are not. Remember Cougarfan13, he who speaks in absolutes often ends up looking like a fool. Hide and watch Cougarfan13, together we'll see how it all shakes out.
Like all the "absolutes" last year? Still a lot of whining going on....

whiteb":2y9u3tvw said:
Patton will be playing Harrold tonight.

Good deal. Guess The Trib. was wrong. Good luck to both teams.

The Trib said:
"The good news for the Hornets is that Templeton (their coach) has canceled any potential scrimmages, and their first opponent, Patton Springs, has already forfeited due to a lack of players. That means Perez (their girl) should have several weeks to ease into the gridiron routine before taking the field under the Friday night lights."

Cougarfan13":17r4d18o said:
WV Backer":17r4d18o said:
Cougarfan13":17r4d18o said:
Like all the "absolutes" last year? Still a lot of whining going on....
Nobody is whining, Cougarfan13. You're saying the West is over-hyped and I'm saying hide and watch. I know you've only been here on the site for a little more than a year, but any of the old heads around here can tell you that the East/West thing is ebb and flow. Proof of point, since sixman football went to two divisions there have been five D1 champions from the East and five from the West. I won't talk about D2 because we all know that RS owns it. I've already admitted that I was absolutely sure that the West would win last year, what with teams like Borden County, Happy and Crowell but we all know what happened. I ate my crow like a man but, rest assured, I'm not whining. When you write ill-advised things like "West is always to HYPED" you invariably end up looking like a fool. BTW, it's "too" not "to".

Back