Texas 6

Sixmanfan6433":3u12o7xk said:
You are all an embarrassment. An embarrassment to this site and to Granger himself along with all the others that help and try to keep 6 man alive. I first discovered this site in 2004 and for a long time it was always booming with different topics and subjects. Now, it’s obvious that since the years have passed the threads have been dwindling. We should be lucky that we have Granger, Leman, Shad, Cowboy, and the folks over at 1A fan for doing us the service that they keep giving us year after year on their respective platforms. All you good ol’boys that are being keyboard warriors wouldn’t be talking this mess of you all met up face to face. I’m willing to put down money that if most of you got popped one good time in the mouth, you would back off. Now I’m not saying that trash talkin and general digs being taken at each other isn’t what should be done. What I am saying is, yea it is healthy to have all that stuff along side having good sportsmanship as well. All this bickering back and forth over the past puts a stain and a blight on this community. You want exposure and more recognition for these kids? Then I suggest you shut it and stop taking it away from them by being the arses that you are all being. After all, the kids are the ones who are most important. Apologies to the ones I forgot to mention earlier.

You're right to an extent. A team with a checkered past, coaches, admin that schemed up (most likely) the biggest coaching coup in sixman history cant be criticized? Like how I criticized those Strawn players/leaders for messing up since this is their thread? If RS has a stain and and blight on their community, they did it to themselves.

PS. I'll take easy money all day! How much are you offering?

coyotefan":kfetx7hv said:
Why doesn’t anybody talk about Noah Rigdon?
Richlandfan4lyfe":kfetx7hv said:
coyotefan":kfetx7hv said:
Becuase he didn’t ever play maybe.

Why don't you ask him since yall RS'ers have nothing else better to do other than obsess over the Rigdon family.... Jeez, Atleast Mathew and Griff won more games then good ole JB did at Stanton. Didnt quit on their team (like someone I know) and were both a huge part of a team on a 11man playoff team. Have you noticed the Rigdons dont get on this website and talk smack? Also Balmorhea fans and players are not on here acting this way. Shows what class is. Class vs Classless in the D2 championship. Hope you RS'ers pick up a dictionary and learn what the word "humble" means.... Unless you're Fikes aka Goob, he wont ever change

GigemSooners":15kupnp3 said:
coyotefan":15kupnp3 said:
Richlandfan4lyfe":15kupnp3 said:
coyotefan":15kupnp3 said:
Becuase he didn’t ever play maybe.

Why don't you ask him since yall RS'ers have nothing else better to do other than obsess over the Rigdon family.... Jeez, Atleast Mathew and Griff won more games then good ole JB did at Stanton. Didnt quit on their team (like someone I know) and were both a huge part of a team on a 11man playoff team. Have you noticed the Rigdons dont get on this website and talk smack? Also Balmorhea fans and players are not on here acting this way. Shows what class is. Class vs Classless in the D2 championship. Hope you RS'ers pick up a dictionary and learn what the word "humble" means.... Unless you're Fikes aka Goob, he wont ever change

How can you talk? Murdoch is right. And coyotefan is being facetious about Noah. And by the way...2018 Price went 12-1 and went 8-4 last year. They went 7-5 this year. Stanton was 0-9 in 2016, 2-9 in 2017 and hadn't made playoffs since 2011. So how can you compare Burkhart going into a disaster like that to Rigdon's going to a school who has winning records before them? And say what you want, but FAMILY over everything. There was proof of why they left. What will you say when Rigdon's leave Carlisle? Couldn't handle the spotlight not being on them? You're the one on here hoping they come back to 6man... its okay for them but it wasnt okay for Burkhart?.... hmmm....

For the cowards running their mouth about the Rigdon family, send me a personal message and I can arrange for y’all to get together and you can say whatever you feel you should say face to face. Stop hiding behind a screen like the fragile little boy you are. How pathetic lol your wives must be proud. Pathetic

So the Texas 6 documentary...

I think it's pretty well done.
I can't imagine how hard it is
to create something like that.
Good job!
Actually,
Not tryin to make it harder but,
Wouldn't it be cool
to have a season where the crew
traveled the state and did an episode
on a different school each time?
You guys prolly already thought of that.
I'm not really in the loop so...
Jus sayin'

Tell you what. I love the six man community and a lot of the people around it. The thread was about Texas 6 which was absolutely awesome in my opinion. This kid, coach, school bashing deal has gotten damn stupid. Im curious why nobody has shut you clowns down on this board. I realize its a public forum, but we are supposed to be rural community guys that take some pride in how we treat each other. If y'all want to go on here and act like a bunch of Dallas clowns get after it. Im tired of hearing about about a bunch of drama from two years ago that brings some kid down that doesnt deserve it. My name is Jenson Gainer from Ira TX. My phone number is 817-797-4573 and if you have any problem with what Ive said you can contact me direct anytime. Id love to hear why the hell we gotta kick these dead dogs every week. I thought I saw a post where Granger specifically said to drop this garbage. Have a little respect for a few guys that put more effort into this deal than most together. Y'all are lucky Im not a moderator bc you'd be taking all that BS to the local coffee shop and not be posting at all. If Im wrong, let me have it and Ill leave it alone, but I don't believe that's the case.

Jenson Gainer
817-797-4573

Well said Jensen, I hope you are doing well buddy. I saw a few episodes of Texas 6. Good stuff. I think the world of coach Lee. I loved visiting with him about it as well. This site has been absolutely incredible and what granger has done for the game is amazing. Started with his newsletter and now we have this incredible site. Please don’t disrespect what he has allowed us as six man fans, coaches and players to enjoy. On a different note, I sure wish the balmorhea vs Richland game was on a Thursday or Saturday so I could go watch. I can’t imagine how tough it has been to wait thru this process. Best of luck to both schools/coaches/players and communities. Much respect for coach Jones and coach Burkhart. Take care and God bless you all. Trey Richey.

+++ for both those posts

Couldn't say it any better Jensen, we all need to keep that in mind and hats off to you for putting your name on your post and wish anyone who wants to criticize or call out someone had to put their name on it as well...then we would have a lot less of that kind thing

On topic:

Now that I have watched all of Texas 6 I will say I loved it and believe it to be a very honest representation, something that is hard to get now days. Like coach Richey I consider coach Lee a good friend. I value honesty over most anything when it comes to a person and he has never been anything but honest with me and I saw that same characteristics throughout this series.

There can be many shows just like this about many 6man towns and it would be just as great Im sure, including Gail and Ira so I consider it a good representation of a slice of the 6man world.

Hats off to the producer and editing crew for having to take that much material, cut it down, and still get the feel of the show authentic. Only folks who have lived in it would probably get it and I believe they did. I think everyone else will enjoy the glimpse as well. Note on Coach Lee, you got to really see the early to late fast pace, big heart, hard and soft side of what it takes to shape kids in a rural community. I grew up looking up to Goodwin, Edwards, Ritchey, Avery, Cooper, Richburg, Owens really to name a few. Its pretty neat to see a little of that tough love with a big heart represented in that old school way really. Those guys love kids first and they are fierce competitors for sure. It just really seemed to catch both sides of that. Ive broadcast a few of Lee and Strawns games, and haven't spoken with him that I know of, but his players kinda feel like his own kids in the show, and it seems like a really good fit for some of the dynamics out there. Never really knew until I was gone how much these coaches and teachers in the small districts took on. You grow up thinking that was normal. Maybe we just happened to have a group out there that was full of the kind of CHARACTER that you want your kids to have. Im not for sure but Im proud to call them friends and proud to be able to brag on them every chance we have. Texas 6. Great job. Coach Lee. Great job. Strawn kids and community, Great Job.

coyotefan said:
I don’t recall either rigdon getting an offensive or defensive mvp at the state game at all!! Burkhart and Appleton won those titles for fun in 2019!!

Burkhart should have kicked those boys off the team just like he had their father fired as well!! The season would have gone even more smooth. They were nothing but a distraction!! That toxic family was nothing but a hindrance to coyote success!!

I feel sorry for those kids because they couldn’t pick their parents!![/
I know your BIIIIG mad y’all got dogged last night

Back