State Championship

david9h

11-man fan
And then there were two!

Congratulations to Notre Dame and San Marcos for reaching the state championship! I'll go with Notre Dame in a close one.

Good luck to both teams and safe travels.

My youngest son graduates this Spring so I won't be following 6 man football as closely as I have been the last several years. I've enjoyed watching the sport, making new acquaintances, and I've even enjoyed the banter. Ya'll keep the 6 man flame burning bright!

David9h out

I like the matchup between ND's speed and SMHC's physicality.

If the Rams can contain Salazar and Whitten, it'll go down to the wire. If ND's backfield can get free a few times, the game will go in the Knights favor.

ND by 10.

NOOOOOOO!!! Davey is leaving us. First the ultimate warrior and now Dave!!!
This is a sad day in TAPPS Division 3.
Lets have a moment of silence......
Ok!

San Marcos wins State!

Good luck.

Prickly

Sorry guys for being AWOL, it has been hectic around here for me. All this time I thought Big Shug was a male but come to find out he is a she! On top of that Big Shug got knocked up by the local neighborhood squirrel. Who would have thought a sugar glider and a squirrel would get together like that.I guess it happened when I was watching the Doogie Howser marathon a week or so ago. Guess Big SHug escaped from the house into the yard. So my world has been turned upside down around here at my homestead, I didn't even realize we were to the State Championship game. So we have a ND vs SM...What in the world happened to that college team they call NCTA. I could have swore they were the team to beat, guess not. (yawn) Oh well, I am going to take SM to beat ND.. Who cares what the score is, SM beats a so so ND team.

Well dang Davey, I hate to see your expert picks leaving us after this season. There is nobody, I mean NOBODY that can make the picks like you do! What are we going do?!? Oh yeah, I know what we are going to do, we are going to watch all our D3 teams get their heads pounded in since TAPPS moved us all up to D2. This will not only be the last hooray for Davey but for all D3 teams. RIP D3 teams that will now be competing with D2 teams that have 20 or more players on their teams. Its been a fun ride in D3! SO sad to see ya go!.....Looks like Big Shug is going into labor so I got to go now. Nobody told me they reproduced like rabbits so if any body would like a Sugar Squirrel Flying Glider just give me a holler.

Honestly fellas, it's a disappointing end to the year. Here we should be excited for the big game and all I can think about is the poor quality of play that was exhibited in the playoffs. I know, I know, the weather was bad, the footballs were too hard/soft, my team was ready for basketball, our stud was hurt, they cheated by having a ringer- whatever! One semi featured 10 turnovers and three pick sixes. The other had 15 or 20 fumbles!!!! There are just no excuses for that poor quality of work. It's all about fundamentals. The two teams that will fight for it all should be clicking, playing their best ball of the year. There should be no doubt that these two teams deserve to be playing in December.

I, for one, am very thankful for the shift to two divisions. Maybe that will raise the level of competition and bring out the best in our teams. If you can't hold on to the football during playoff time then you may not deserve to be moving on. And really, there are only 4 or 5 schools in DII that will be quality teams come playoff time. Add in the 3 or 4 from DIII and you might see some better playoff football. The mediocre and lower teams in DII are pretty much the same as they are in DIII. Hopefully the playoffs will be better next year and our teams in DIII will face the challenge to play at a higher level.

As for the game this Thursday (don't get me started on playing on a Thursday! TAPPS blew that one). If ND has a decent spread game they will give SM fits. San Marcos' personnel won't match up well against a speedy spread team. If ND can play a disciplined spread game I give them the nod. However, if it's going to be two tight teams pounding each other, I will take SM. Here are the keys to victory- HOLD ON TO THE FOOTBALL, play disciplined football without late hits/cheap shots/ smack talk, win the special teams war, and, like I always say, PLAY DEFENSE.

I hope for the sake of the teams involved that they can play a good game. I would love to see a hard-fought, physical, disciplined, close game.

I could not be happier that the majority are still picking against this "so/so" ND team.

People have been counting them out all year. And every week since the District Championship they've been proving people wrong. Honestly, I think the chip that's been on these boys' shoulders for the last few weeks has propelled them onto victory just as much as their God-given talent.

From reading about and watching a couple of clips on San Marcos, they look like the best overall team we've played all year. It should be a good contest, but I think our speed will be the difference. If our defense can step up and get a couple of stops, I think Whitten & crew will take care of the rest.

It's been a fun year, especially for me watching these boys come together week after week. Regardless of the outcome Thursday I am one proud Knights fan.

Congratulations to Hill Country San Marcos on an outstanding game today and an unbelievable 1 loss season. Your loss by 3 points is your only blemish. Todays win 66-50 over a very good quick WFNotre Dame team was a great game.
To our two senior, 32 and 10 you guys lead your team with class, tenacity, and grit! You two guys could not be stopped, and Geo you were a monster on D! Congratulations on you Championship season.

A little late with this, but here are highlights I shot of the game today (from an ND perspective but there are a few HCCS highlights mixed in there: http://youtu.be/lMKoI39rpFE (for some reason our website is down, which is why I posted to YouTube instead.

Adam Ostrow
Newschannel 6 Sports Director

Back