State Championship

Oh here comes.Mr. Lumberjack again throwing his two cents in. Dont they have a game of bridge yoi can play down at the nursing home or something. You are crazy if you think Longviews little team can beat the POWERFUL Freddy Heritage. Longview will be lucky to see the football for 3 minutes of the game. Physical? You ain't seen nothing yet my retired friend.

Joseph, Joseph, Joseph....you are crazy too, if you think for one minute that Longview has a chance in this game. They will be 45d before they take the field on Saturday. I bet my last dollar that they are held to under 100 yards total offense, only gain a hand full of first downs, and only see the ball for about 3 minutes on offense. They wont know what to do with the ball, kinda like a dog chasing a car, wouldn't know what to do with it if he caught it and if he did catch it he would get ran over.

I am changing my prediction...Freddy wins at half, 64-0

TICK, TOCK, TICK, TOCK, TICK, TOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Careful GT. A few more exclamation points and you're going to bust a blood vessel. Sounds like the outcome of the game is already a foregone conclusion but I think the Titans are going to head on out to Zephyr anyway. See you there.

Sure david9h, I will be the loudest one on the Freddy side....but I don't even know why they would want to show up. It will be the Slaughter Rule not Mercy Rule at Half. GO FREDDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The problem is, Freddy is gonna prepare like they're way, way behind.

Good coaches do that. I remember getting a call years ago from Jerry Burkhart. Seems he had some small Christian school on his schedule, which he would beat by more points than I can count, but he was trying to get a scouting report from me (which was kind of a useless exercise, by the way).

Shipman has the same plan. Heck, he sent me a text while scouting NCTA vs Trinity a few weeks ago wanting to know the Lifegate score. He had to leave that game before it ended because his charter plane back to Fredericksburg had to leave ... I think Heritage got a piece of that new SEC network rights fees...

John Holmes":cpzuu5g8 said:
I sure hope both teams aren't flying into the same airport and staying at the same hotel....lol

Not sure how the airline schedule at Zephyr International Airport is set, but I understand the Four Seasons Zephyr and the Ritz Carlton Zephyr are all booked by the D1 and D2 teams.

The final score was 16-46. Going into the half the score was 16-24. During the first half a starting defensive player went out for the Titans and during the third quarter 3 other starters were injured. I'm certainly not trying to excuse the Eagle's win. They are an excellent football team with a great program, their defense and offensive line in particular. As a senior for the Titans I was very proud to play with and against such tremendous players. I'd also like to thank everyone on here that made this website possible and division possible, especially you, Godsmightywarrior. The game of six-man football is a game that I love and will remember for the rest of my life. Thank you again to all the coaches, players, moderators, and fans for making my past four years of football possible. God bless six-man football.

Joe Price":1ybtpe0f said:
The final score was 16-46.

Could it be 64-16? We had a 56-16 score after 3.

Congrats to the Eagles on another title ... after two losses in the finals.

And Congrats to Trinity on an excellent season.

No the final was 46-16. Great job Freddy on another title. Also I know I am hard on longview....the score doesnt reflect it, but that was a gutsy performance by Longview. They had players go down all over the place but had kids step in and do their jobs. That spread back is the real deal. Hats off to 15, 11, 29, 13 to point out a few. They had Feeddy's number early but turnovers and injuries were the difference. Hats off to both teams. On to next season. Cant wait.

Joe Price":wukwr5mn said:
They are an excellent football team with a great program, their defense and offensive line in particular. As a senior for the Titans I was very proud to play with and against such tremendous players. Thank you again to all the coaches, players, moderators, and fans for making my past four years of football possible. God bless six-man football.

*hits "Like" button*

Gracious words. I like that. Congrats on an excellent season.

To Freddy, my boys, congratulations on a fantastic season and dominant play. Players go down from hard-hitting, smash mouth football. This group of seniors took 4 trips to the Finals, and I'm glad you got to go out on a high note. Brotherhood and Vengeance. Proud of you seniors, especially my brother, Parker. Soak it up.

To Coach Shipman, you've started to fill your second hand...four fingers to go!
Hupomone!

Congratulations to Fredericksburg Heritage on a well deserved state championship. The Eagles are well coached, disciplined and full of talent. Trinity gave everything they had and left it all on the field but Freddy was just too much for my Titans. From everything I could see, Fredericksburg exhibited true class and sportsmanship throughout the contest.

Six years ago, my oldest son played on Trinity's first football team. They had 9 players. The only experienced player broke his ankle in practice before the first game. Another of our players was only allowed to deep snap because his mom didn't want him getting hurt. In our first game against Leveretts Chapel, our center came back to the huddle after the second play and told my son, who was playing quarterback, that he really didn't like hitting people or being hit for no good reason. My son said, "You picked a heck of a time to tell me that." They won one game. They were 45'd in all but 2 games. They were soundly thrashed by the likes of state champ Duncanville Christway, state runner up Brenham Christian and perennial power Greenville Christian.

For Trinity to come from those humble beginnings to playing for a state championship in their sixth year of existence shows they have come a long way. I give all respect and admiration to Fredericksburg Heritage not only for their state championship but for being the kind of program others aspire to emulate. But I'm really proud of The Trinity School of Texas and their outstanding season and I'm proud of our boys.

6 years? Thats a heck of an accomplishment in itself....to get to a state title game in just a short amount of time. I will say this...Shipman and his staff are great but what about that Trinity staff. They had a great game plan, in my opinion it would have continued to work had key players not went out with injiries. I ain't taking anything away from Freddy, they are who they are. I met that Trinity staff at the hotel and they are class acts as well. Hats off to them, their boys, and school. They will be in the mix for another run I think.

Back