Standings

I can confidently say that Longview Trinity will beat Canyon Creek. Based on both of the team's performances at Heath, Longview had the better victory (78-44) (Canyon Creek: (50-40)). Although, i'm not so confident on how Longview's game at Granbury will go. The two teams, I believe, are very evenly match. I might have to go out to Granbury and see the game for myself. My predictions for District 2: 1st- Longview Trinity, 2nd- NTCA, 3rd- Canyon Creek, 4th- Fort Worth Covenant, 5th- Heath, 6th- Brownwood.

Pete, I don't understand how you could be so confident in Longview Trinity's coming victory against Canyon Creek and uncertain on the outcome of NTCA-Longview Trinity when the NTCA-Canyon Creek game was so close. Canyon Creek and NTCA were very evenly matched. Heath also scored more points on Longview. My predictions for district 2 follows Game Traveler's predictions.

District 2

I wouldn't count Fulton out just yet in District II. They have their work cut out but they could win out. New coach but good quality returning players that flat out KNOW HOW TO WIN!! They could be a 3th or 4th place that could win in the playoffs. Pieces are in place.

True. Anything is possible though. This week will give a little bit better picture. Fulton could beat NCTA, NCTA could beat Trinity,Trinity could beat CCCA, CCCA did beat Fulton. That could make things interesting. Fulton at NCTA meet week 11.

Coach Johnson, M.Ed.
Oak Hills Christian College

Yes sir Mr. Holmes....Covenant beat Granbury tonight. Covenant could be in the driver seat with the huge win depending on outfield canyon creek/trinity game. I guess my "in the bag" prediction flew out the window for granbury tonight but they sre still a very good football team.

Not to be one to say "I told you so" but I think Game Traveler's "In the bag" prediction for Granbury flew out the window as soon as it was made. And how FW Covenant "could be in the driver's seat" when Longview Trinity 45'd them by halftime last week is another head scratcher. It may not be disrespect but it is at the very least motivation to the boys at Trinity to continue disproving the doubters!

Well I just do not believe that the District 2 champ will be undefeated...much less undefeated in district. It's too tough. That's my opinion and last time I checked we all have great opinions much like we are all "experts" in sixman football. Also, I am glad that I can provide fuel to a teams fire. Makes things much more interesting. My predictions could still be correct. Just no team has it in the bag yet. I am anxious to here score for canyon creek and Longview.

Well I believe this is Canyon Creeks to lose. They should win out and Grandbury will at least lose one more. Canyon Creek has a lot of fire power that cant be stopped. Cougars take out the Titans by at least 32.....Mark my word

Thanks to Game Traveler and Godsmightywarrior for putting it out there. You put your predictions and your opinions on paper (electronic paper) and that's what gets all the conversation started in the first place. Can't have a good sports debate without somebody throwing it out there first. Didn't mean to offend. Just standing up for my Titans! Good look and we'll see how it all plays out.

I don't know about all these predictions seems like their could be some delusional people posting on here. You have eagle who says heath knows how to win yet there 2 and 5, eagle, every team knows how to win, does not mean they can. when you bad your bad. Maybe just maybe district 2 is irrelevant. Maybe they all play weak schedules and really not that good or down. As far as the respect for Trinity, how many playoffs games have they won, hold for it, hold for it, zero. There 7 - 0 in a weak district, even a blind squirrel can find a nut sometimes. No District 2 teams will make it past 2nd round of playoffs.

I would definitely not call district 2 irrelevant. Let's look at the scores:
Notre Dame 66 - NCTA 52
NCTA 38 - Canyon Creek 36
Longview Trinity 78 - FWCC 28
FWCC 89 - NCTA 64

NCTA played tough against Notre Dame.
Canyon Creek held their own with NCTA.
Trinity handled FWCC pretty easily.
FWCC beat NCTA.

If you say that district 2 is irrelevant, then by association (scores) you're saying that Notre Dame and district 1 is also irrelevant.

While I make predictions and I am a WCS Homer, I always show respect to the other teams and districts, acknowledging when they prove me wrong. The chances may be slim sometimes, but on any given day, one team could beat another. We won't know the true strength of each team until they hit the playoffs. I wish all teams good luck in their pursuits.

Ok dave, I take it your a Aggie with the Johnny Football reference, who do I like Fredericksburg Heritage, 2014 State Champs. But I don agree with god that until playoffs we really wont know, well want know who Freddy will get to beat...lol

I'm the farthest thing from an Aggie. The Johnny Football reference was more for your mouth. Not a compliment. My kids have played kids from Fredericksburg Heritage for a number of years. I've always been impressed with the strength of their athletic program and the class with which your athletes and coaches conduct themselves. You must be the exception! Good luck anyway and maybe the blind squirrels from Trinity can find their way to Zephyr and give Freddy somebody to beat on!

Back