So you want to play six-man on your Xbox

granger

Six-man expert
Founder
People have always compared six-man football to a computer game. With its wild scores and fast-paced style, six-man football can be just as exciting, if not more so.

So what if you played the entire six-man season on your Xbox?

That’s why I decided to use the TrueSkill Ranking System created by Microsoft Research for Xbox Live games and apply it to the season....

http://www.sixmanguru.com/using-microsofts-trueskill-to-rank-texas-six-man-football-teams/

I think it's pretty cool wish I was smart enough to figure out some system other than "my research each teams wins and losses and guess method"

Is this a week 1 ranking or a current ranking

I see a few minor issues that I'm curious how it placed teams like gordon ahead of rochelle....now before anyone jumps on me I'm just curious I could care less which team is ranked higher...

tx6man4life":k8mjftu2 said:
I see a few minor issues that I'm curious how it placed teams like gordon ahead of rochelle....now before anyone jumps on me I'm just curious I could care less which team is ranked higher...

It redoes ratings on a game-by-game basis. What I mean is that if there's a list of 1400 games, it sees the first game, then re-rates those two teams and moves to the next game and re-rates those two teams, and so on and so on. I would have to look into this, but I think if you reversed the order of the games, the rankings should be different.

It is certainly fun to play with.

The next step is to pre-rank the teams, then TrueSkill can rate them based on the assigned distribution. Then run the season and see what changes.

Other would to have playoff games maybe count twice and see what happens.

Back