Six-Man X's and O's

coachbronk

Six-man fan
Coaches:<P>What are some of the most common offensive and defensive formations in six-man? I am trying to learn as much as I can about this game. Any information would be great.

Tight- T, I and Offset I Spread 3 in the back field or 2 backs and a second receiver to one side. Defenses 2-3 , 4-2 and 3-2 Hope that helps. Have a nice day!<BR> :)

"6 Man Football" by the great C.H. Underwood is must reading for the person trying to learn the game. Available from Bright Sky Press, Albany, Texas. <A>web page</A><P>My mother-in-law got me a copy for Chistmas last year from Barnes and Noble. (I have a great mother-in-law, even if she is from Strawn.)

Originally posted by gohorns40:"6 Man Football" by the great C.H. Underwood is must reading for the person trying to learn the game. Available from Bright Sky Press, Albany, Texas. web page My mother-in-law got me a copy for Chistmas last year from Barnes and Noble. (I have a great mother-in-law, even if she is from Strawn.)

A great book, but why not support this website and order it through Granger?

Zinger felt very strongly. I have asked my mother-in-law to order "Grit & Glory" thru the site for this year's Christmas present!

I'm probably taking a risk even posting where I'm from. <P>But the school I just took my first teaching and coching job at announced to me at the contract signing that they were changing from 8-man to 6-man. I had prepared myself all summer to make the shift from the 11-man college system I student-assisted in for the last 6 years. Now I'm totally in the dark!<P>How would I go about ordering "6 Man Football" by C.H. Underwood from graiger. What would the cost be?<p>[ July 28, 2006: Message edited by: Coach TK ]

The following is my feeble attempt at redemption: "6 man Football" can be ordered through a link located on THIS site's home page (just below the fold).<P>Also available is the heartwarming story of the Penelope team's struggle to build their program in the wonderful book "Where Dreams Die Hard" and the captivating photojournal of the 6 man game "Grit & Glory".<P>If you are considering booking travel to the Great State of Texas (or elsewhere on planet Earth) please consider the link through THIS website (also located on the home page).<P>For those of you interested in "unofficial" school T-shirts there is also a link on THIS website's home page.<P>Want to show your support for the wonderful game of 6 man football and the world's greatest website for this game? Order your bumper sticker from the link on THIS site's home page.<P>Looking for a more tangible method of supporting THIS site? Use the "contact" link to learn where you can send a financial offering to the Lord of Texas 6 man football. (No, Devil, that's not you.)

Coach Bronk,

This might not help you this year however, there are several Coaching Clinics during the summer. Not only can pick up information, but you can ask question to the coaches you get the information from.

Contiue to what the message board for announcements about the clinics next summer, if you can make any of them.

Good luck this year!

Thanks to everyone who helped me out last year with the adjustment to six-man. We have a good year last year and hope to have an even better one this year.

I did purchase Coach Underwoods Book; its a great resource.

billmountjoy":163zktng said:
ANCIENT HISTORY - I am 74 & played 6-Man Football in the 1950's. We used a "Winged Split-T" from an old book (1950 I believe). Went undefeated for 3 years in a row.

[email protected]
There are many names for same formations.
What's the alignments of the winged split-t?

You are correct about TERMINOLOGY.

The Winged Split-T was actually an unbalanced line Wing-T.

This is what it looked like (split between G & E = 2-3 yds):

--------------------C-G---E
--------------------Q-------W

-----------------------T (4 1/2 or 5 yds deep - directly behind the G)

QB was a "reverse snap receiver" - butt to butt with the Center. If you want the plays from it - email me at: [email protected] and I'll send them to you.

PS: Our H.S. Coach installed this in 1950, & ran it thru 1954 (he left to take a college job at Div. III Randolph-Macon). We had great success with it (one year we AVERAGED 59 points per game - we did not have a 45 point rule). Our Coach actually got this offense from the annual publication called: "THE 1950 ANNUAL SIX=MAN FOOTBALL MAGAZINE". It was being used by Coach G.A. Pringle, Jr., of Dripping Springs (TX) High School (12-0 in 1949).

Back