Scrimmage needed/Clear Lake Christian School 08/24/07

Gordon Cyr

11-man fan
This is Coach Gordon Cyr, and I'm looking for a team that would be willing to come play us at our field, August 24, 2007, Friday, at 6:00p.m. I would prefer it be a team we're not playing during the season, and a team that is pretty confident in there 2007 squad. No offense, but I don't want to give my boys a false expectation or hope for how the season will go. I coached at South Shaver Baptist School last year for anyone that might recognize the name. I can be contacted on my cell (832) 859-2331, or you can E-mail me at [email protected].

Gordon Cyr":2qbt4u6l said:
This is Coach Gordon Cyr, and I'm looking for a team that would be willing to come play us at our field, August 24, 2007, Friday, at 6:00p.m. I would prefer it be a team we're not playing during the season, and a team that is pretty confident in there 2007 squad. No offense, but I don't want to give my boys a false expectation or hope for how the season will go. I coached at South Shaver Baptist School last year for anyone that might recognize the name. I can be contacted on my cell (832) 859-2331, or you can E-mail me at [email protected].

Gordon ...

Under TAPPS rules, you cannot play a game on August 24 (first "legal date" for play is Week 0 -- August 30 to September 1.

You can play a second scrimmage the weekend of August 24. I think you meant for this to be a scrimmage, but I wanted to clarify that for you.

Since you've been playing independent or TCAL ball at South Shaver, I'd take a quick look at the contest rules (seasons, eligibility, etc.) in the TAPPS manual (your AD should have a copy). Don't get caught doing something you thought was right but isn't allowed by contest rules!

John T.

I just wanted to verify that the game requested for 08/24/07 at Clear Lake Christian, at 6:00p.m. is a SCRIMMAGE, not a regular season game. If I did not make my self clear, I apologize. This date was set up on our schedule by my AD, and I'm just trying to get a team to put in the slot. We still need a team to Scrimmage on this date and time. I can be reached by my E-mail [email protected] or my cell (832) 859-2331.

Back