Schedule for Zephyr's Bulldog Bonanza

Good matchups of private vs. publics......

These should be some very interesting games.

I give the privates the edge

Zephyr over NCTA of Granbury
Boerne Geneva over Milford
Stephenville Faith over Lometa
Waco Live Oak over Cherokee

I know that speak not only for my team, but for the entire Geneva family when I say how honored and excited we are to play in the Bulldog Bonanza. The fact that we got the Friday night game against a team like Milford is just icing on the cake. Last year was our first year participating in the BB, it was a great experience for all of us. The folks in Zephyr were just as classy as their stadium. We look forward to getting to see so many great teams, public & private, face off so early in the season. If your a 6-man fan... if your a football fan... I highly suggest you make the trek.

Schedule for Zephyr's Bulldog Bonanza
Thursday 7:30
Zephyr VS North Central Texas Academy Granbury
Friday 5:00
Lometa VS Stephenville Faith
Friday 7:30
Milford VS Boerne Geneva
Saturday 11am
Rochelle VS Savoy
Saturday 3pm
Azle Christian VS Abilene Christian
Saturday 7:30
Cherokee VS Waco Live Oak

As a public school educator, I feel Private and Charter schools are going to be a big future problem in financing of public schools in our state and feel as public educators we should do nothing to legitimize their cause. JMHO

Edward Golden":16wv71qc said:
As a public school educator, I feel Private and Charter schools are going to be a big future problem in financing of public schools in our state and feel as public educators we should do nothing to legitimize their cause. JMHO

Great thing about this country is everyone has a right to their opinion.

The Rochelle v Savoy game I think will be a good one...a real test for Savoy and since Rochelle is in probably the hardest district in the state...having this game early on against a team that returns basically everyone from a 10-1 team last season, the game would be a good test to see where the Hornets are. I would love to be at this game...I think this is the best match-up in Zephyr...

Edward Golden":3qf0ha8l said:
Maybe public schools should try putting a better product in the classroom and stop trying to cram the agenda of less than 10% of the populaton down our kids throats.
The public school system wastes too much money as it is. As long as the Texas legislators refuse to pass a voucher system your argument is moot. Both my kids attend private school and every year I still have to pay property taxes that fund the local PUBLIC schools.

The voucher system is just another way that politicians can line their pockets...and I know for sure I wouldnt want my kids in the private school system. For one every experience ive ever had with private schools has been negative, from kids cussing out players and coaches, coaches cussing out kids, bad sportsmanship, etc, etc.

Not bashing public schools. But I will admit my remark was too broad and probably does not relate to 99% of the schools that are representive on this board. We live in a town of 120,000 and I realize the problems in our two 5A high schools are no where near the problems that face the sixman community schools. The assertion though that private schools take money from public schools is just wrong. Tax payers fund the public school system, NONE of that money is taken way from public schools and given to the privates. As for vouchers lining politicians pockets ? All I ask is let me make the decisions for the education of my children and let me use the money I make to pay for it.

I have nothing against privates - I think there's good & not-so-good publics & privates. But IMO, wanting to apply your taxes to the type of education that you choose for you child is like wanting your taxes put to use on only the roads you drive. It seems like it's creating even bigger government.

coach_jshelton":10x8gpc0 said:
But IMO, wanting to apply your taxes to the type of education that you choose for you child is like wanting your taxes put to use on only the roads you drive. It seems like it's creating even bigger government.
Once again I am basing my opinion on our local public schools. If our local schools didn't waste money like they were in Washington I wouldn't have a problem. There are great public schools out there but not here in our area. We just chose to send our kids to private school. The financing of the public schools is not going to get better until jobs are being created and those with the jobs start buying property and paying property taxes. Simple as that.
truthhurts04":10x8gpc0 said:
For one every experience ive ever had with private schools has been negative, from kids cussing out players and coaches, coaches cussing out kids, bad sportsmanship, etc, etc.
Your probably right. I graduated from private school and had some coaches that acted that way. Does not mean they are all alike. We had a qb a couple of years ago that got alot of attention on this board for his bad behavior. What a lot of people dont know here is that the was kicked out of the school because of it. At the end of the day they are still kids just like the ones in public school. Does not mean they are any better nor should they held to a higher standard because where I chose to send them.

Back