San Antonio Feast

I drove over to Richland Springs on Friday to watch the coyotes take on the Fellowship Mustangs. The Mustangs showed some pretty good offense, but the defense was a little lacking. It seemed that the Coyote offense pretty well scored at will, even though all the B team got a lot of playing time, and the Reeves boy maybe played 3 or 4 plays total.

The Richland Springs Coyotes are supposed to play the San Antonio Feast Homeschool next week, and I was thinking if I could catch a ride, (with a little bit younger driver) that I would like to see a game between them and the Big City boys. What I was wanting to find out is, where is the San Antonio Homeschool stadium? It has been a while since I drove in downtown San Antonio and some of those streets were a little confusing back then. With some good directions, I could probably advise the driver on where to turn etc. Any advice would be helpful.

You can't miss it. Here's the address:
100 Montana St
San Antonio, TX 78203

Here is a picture of it:
alamodome1.jpg

Seriously, the game will be at San Antonio Winston School, 8565 Ewing Halsell, San Antonio ....

nice part of town (near the medical center), lots of good places to eat, good hotels in all price ranges, etc., Fiesta Texas is right up the road on IH-10.

Thanks boys. You talk about a nice looking place, I bet that cost a pretty penny. Those old country boys may not be able to play in something like that. But I bet that they will give it their best shot.

smokeyjoe53":qz148i16 said:
When did they change stadiums?

Had to do with corporate sponsorships. The Alamodome has a deal with Coke, while FEAST has it with Jolt Cola. The legal technicallities were too much to deal with ...

I wish the game was on Saturday, because then I would most certainly stop by to see Jerry and the boys. But I understand Jerry doesn't like Saturdya games until mid-December ...

C. La Transviejo":283ntrf3 said:
Thanks boys. You talk about a nice looking place, I bet that cost a pretty penny. Those old country boys may not be able to play in something like that. But I bet that they will give it their best shot.

As a former taxpayer of the City of San Antonio at the time that the Alamodome was built, I will accept your thanks. The dome was built through a 1/2c additional sales tax for five years that was administered through the VIA bus system (that's why there is a virtually unused "transit center" in front of the joint). I did support the dome and was really suprised when the tax expired that the pols didn't find a way to keep the money rolling in for something else.

The only "permanent tennant" of the dome is now UTSA football (had 50,000 for their first game a couple weeks back), but it has hosted the Spurs (won their 99 and maybe 2003 title there), NCAA basketball finals (men & womens), college football games including the annual Alamo Bowl, and the New Orleans Saints played some of their 2005 home schedule here.

The Dallas Cowboys have held their training camp here in recent years (no decision on 2012 and beyond--rumor is that Jerry likes California).

But I once heard that actually professional sports tenants are "money losers" for domes because of all the sweetheart deals passed around. Concerts, special events, trade shows, etc. actually make more money for those venues, although the spillover effect (hotels, restaurants, tourist $$$) are big for many of the sporting events.

Back