San Angelo

There is a plce called Catfish Corner that used to be out south of the Air Force base, but has moved to 1313 W. Beauregard Ave. It has the bst fried all you can eat catfish I have had. Franco's is one of the best mexican restaurants on MLK drive, Charcoal House has the best chicken and steak strips anywhere, and if you like Japanese steakhouses where they cook it in front of you, Ichibons on College Hills is dang good as well.

Ya know, 30 years ago when I lived in San Angelo, the steak strips at the Charcoal House were geally great but back in May I stopped there and got some and they weren't too good. Maybe it was a bad steak day. I dunno.

High Plains Drifter":zck7yrz1 said:
Especially if you eat many of those chicken fries with queso. Me, I am not over weight, I am just about three feet short for my weight.

Would you quit mentioning those!!! You're making me hungry, and I just finished eating lunch!!

Le Mejor Que Nada is one of my favorites around the stadium area. Save room for the Flan. It'll make a small dog break a big chain.

Sorry but Mejor is NO MORE. It has sold and now is Chilangro's or something like that. I havent tried it, but the last few times I ate at Mejor's it was horrible. But again, that is why we have chocolate and vanilla.

Durn,
'drifter I hadn't eaten there in a couple of years, but it used to be pretty good. Guess I'll just go back to Henrys for some more cole slaw enchiladas.
Please don't tell me that the Dunbar East cafe is closed also.
Next thing you know they will close the Wayside Inn and open a "Gentleman's Club"

High Plains Drifter":3nr3rlc9 said:
Sorry but Mejor is NO MORE. It has sold and now is Chilangro's or something like that. I havent tried it, but the last few times I ate at Mejor's it was horrible. But again, that is why we have chocolate and vanilla.

Chilangos is awesome or at least it was before they moved to "Major Canada", our name for Mejor when we were in college. I know some people who say it's still good. I said this before but I will repeat it for the "Where should I eat? board, Zentners on Sherwood Way is changing ownership after the New Year. You might want to try it before it becomes Enrique's Steak House. For the people who said that San Angelo is good for Steak and Mexican but nothing else well that has been our rep for years it's not completley true but then again if was who would care? By the way there is now a Double Daves at Southwest Plaza on Knickerbocker good pizza and close to the Stadium.

Guess I posted in the wrong place. I have listed a bunch of restaurants and phone numbers in the Six Man football talk forum. Check it out ...Saturday in San Angelo.

Sorry if I should have placed it here.

No problemo javadog. I saw the list and appreciate the info.
By the way didn't there used to be a little coffee shop / diner on the way out to the coliseum called "Joes Park Place" or something akin to that?
They had 2 for 1 chicken fries that sure saved us a lot of $ during stock show time. Weren't too bad either.

Back