Rules concerning sportsmanship

JH PACER COACH

11-man fan
I'm a little confused on some of the rules set by TCAF concerning noise and cheering during sporting events, especially those sports played indoors. I'm of the understanding that during volleyball games fans and players are asked not to yell or make noises when a player serves the ball, and in basketball it is my understanding that they are asked to do the same while shooting a free throw.

Although I do not agree with that, I do respect TCAF's decision in this matter if it is true. My question I have if this, we were at a TCAF school tonight playing basketball and they did adhere to these rules, but the game got a little tense at times with some hard fouls. It doesn't make sense to me that when an extremely hard foul was put on one of our players and he was knocked to the ground, that the young man who commited the foul proceeded to stand over our player after that and their teams bench jumped up and cheered that behavior. Also, with the game well out of reach and they had a 40 point lead on us in the 4th and with some of the starters still in shooting 3's and the bench jumping up and cheering everytime that happened it just seems a little disrespectful to the other team and players. I'm not asking that the other teams players who come off the bench should not try to score but maybe make a few more passes and not shoot 3's with such a great lead.

If the rules mentioned at the beginning of this post are true, that's great. But it seems that cheering and jumping off the bench when a hard foul is given and standing over that player and that team continues to run up the score on a weaker opponent, those issues may need to be addressed as well. Remember, we are all to represent Christ in all we do from the players, coaches, AD's, and fans. Thanks.

Back