Rankin HS is still looking for Football games

Wyatt-Riot

Six-man fan
Rankin HS is still looking for games....

The Rankin ISD athletic director has been trying to complete our football schedule without success.

Right now we have three holes in our schedule and everyone in our area refuses to play us.

Football Open Dates for Rankin HS:
2nd Scrimmage--August 22nd (we are willing to play on Friday or Saturday--we can even piggyback on another scrimmage if you are willing to add another team to an already scheduled scrimmage.

Septemeber 25th---(we are willing to play on Friday or Saturday)
October 9th---(we are willing to play on Friday or Saturday)
October 16th--(we are willing to play on Friday or Saturday)

It is really disappointing to be dropped by every team in your area when you become competitive. I am not sure if there is anything that can be done, but it is really hard for schools that are in this situation in West Texas because of the remote location.

Please contact Garret Avalos, if you need a game that fits our needs. Note: We are willing to negotiate on terms for a home game, but are also willing to travel if necessary. (Please share!)

[email protected]
432-693-2461

Wyatt-Riot":3gztlq0f said:
Right now we have three holes in our schedule and everyone in our area refuses to play us.

It is really disappointing to be dropped by every team in your area when you become competitive. I am not sure if there is anything that can be done,

The only thing that can be done is to start growing some thick skin. After you have to fill your schedule with anyone who will play, the haters will come out and start the accusations of making a "creme-puff" schedule. The sad part is that some of the accusers are sometimes also the decliners. You would think that the lessor teams would welcome the chance to play the best in order to get better. IMO

It happens to everyone that develops a winning tradition. More important for the coach to get a w instead of giving his kids the experience to learn from a winner. Just my opinion.

Back