Pre-DCTF picks

Blue Bird

Six-man pro
Gustine should have the firepower returning to snag the first playoff spot in this district.

If Sidney is still healthy when they play Gustine, it should be a good game. Sidney will have more depth problems than last year.

Rising Star graduated a whole host of seniors. Their JV was not bad. but if last years seniors couldn't get in the playoffs I don't see their JV improving enough to get there.

Comanche Paradigm is hard to pick. The players in their school can be fluid. They could have a really good team or a pretty bad team. Looking from the outside in, there is not a good way to know until midseason.

I pick Sidney to win the district. This is a brave pick, but they can do it. They have low numbers once again and they are going to have to stay away from injury and out of trouble to even have enough. They are not the most talented team in the district and definately not the biggest. But they have one major advantage that can over come all the others. This advantage is that they all have HEART! HEART is the most underrated thing in sports. I guarantee that these players will never give up.But those juniors from last year really need to step up!!

Gustine has the most talent and the most size. The deciding game of the ditrict will be the first one between Gustine and Sidney, it will all come down to who wants it more.

Rising Star is going to be very young but will have good young talent. They are coming into a tough district and are going to have to work hard to compete. They are going to be depending on the Fox kid and they are really going to need him to step up and play.

Paradigm is still building and is going to be for a while.

Back