Powerlifting Meet: 1A Meet of Champions @ Strawn 3-1-19

Leman Saunders

Six-man expert
1A Meet of Champions 2019
Friday March 1, 2019
Strawn HS

Coaches,
We would like to invite you to our 1st Annual 1A Meet of Champions.

This meet will be a RAW meet, which means there will be no suits or bench shirts, knee wraps only. Competitors will compete in shorts and t-shirts(with sleeves).

If you are interested in attending please let me know (email is the best, text, or fax the below form). We will not limit the number of teams or lifters that you bring, but we will limit the total competitors in the meet to 250 lifters—on a first come basis. Please send, as soon as possible, your best estimate as to how many lifters you will bring. We will once again have boys and girls, we will run Four platforms if numbers dictate, and it should prove to be a competitive meet. Please email me your entries no later than the Thursday prior to the meet. Please include name, team, boy/girl, and assumed weight class. I understand there may be some changes the morning of the meet, but this will save time on us entering information into the computer and getting flights set ahead of time. Also, you will find a schedule below. I have set for us to begin lifting at 9 am. Also, if you plan on feeding your kids in the concession stand please let me know ahead of time so that we can plan accordingly. Let me know if you have any questions and I look forward to seeing you on the 1st.

Thanks,
Coach Dewaine Lee
Email: [email protected]

Schedule of Events:
10-11:30 AM Weigh In
12:45 PM Judges Meeting
1:00 PM Coaches Meeting
1:25 PM National Anthem
1:30 PM Lifting Begins

Medals will be awarded for 1st-5th in each weight class. Trophies for Best lifter 165 and below, 181 and above, 1st and 2nd place teams.

Cost: $30 per lifter
Make Checks payable to Strawn Athletics – Remit Payment to Strawn ISD c/o Dewaine Lee, PO 428, Strawn TX 76475

Would love to see McLean boys go head to head with Strawn boys in this.. Tanner Hodgkins vs Ben Crockett.. best of the beasts

Dear Coach Lee, Please move this meet to Saturday as this is the same day as our regions girls powerlifting meet. I have a few boys that would like to attend (which is code for I want to eat at Mary's). ;)

What an awesome event! Coach Lee and his staff did an amazing job and the kids had a great time. Really look forward to next year, and hope all those schools who missed out this year have the opportunity to experience an event made for sixman schools.

Seems no one posted a summary of how this event played out and ended other than they enjoyed it and would like to it again next year. How many students and how many schools participated in this event? it's the slow news time of the year and we need a fix!! Can a Strawn coach give us a summary of the meet?

I can tell you that Strawn won the boys division and Lohn took second. I think Strawn also won the girls. Lohn and Medina tied for second. Lohn 3 champions. 97 girls, 181 girls, 132 boys. Fette Jackson won the 97 girls and the best over a;; light weight lifter. Coach Lee and his crew did a great job. I'm gonna throw this out there hoping more will participate. At the region 2 division 3 meet there were only 8 six man lifters on the girls side. Please don't be fooled. First glance will make you think that not many six man schools participate. That is not true. Division 3 is made up of 3A 2A and 1A schools. THSPA and THSWPA put 2A/1A together. Out of the 147 qualifiers 106 were from 3A.

Back