Pine Drive (Dickinson) vs. Victory Life (Brownwood)

I finally got to watch a game as a non-homer.
VLA had very large players but not a lot of them. # 51 came with his own zip code, and he could play. PD seemed to intimidate they seemed uptight and they were not flowing well for most of the first half.
PD scored first and made the 2 point PA. VLA scored in 2 plays on the next possestion but missed there PA. Even though VLA out played PD in the first half they were not able to break away. So with the half almost over the score was 24-14 instead of 32-14 because VLA missed EVERY point after. PD scored on a great pass with a few seconds in left in the half and the score was 24-22 going into the half.
Momentum changed, players from VLA were hurt, and starting the second half PD knew they had a chance so they came to life and took it to VLA.
A couple of things: PD needs to do is come out smashing from the start, also, major point, The D needs to pressure the spread back but MUST cover the upbacks when they release, they struggled with this all day. VLA broke down and ran out of gas in the second.
You can't say which comes first, the other team breaking down or your team playing better, but it was a good 2nd for PD.
Next week PD needs to play the first half like they played the second. They have the Aggie disease in reverse.
Oh yeah, most important, they won the game.

Man kramer, you have had a pretty bad year so far on picking scores. So how much do you think granbury happy hill will beat us by this week?

KCK,

I too was at the game tonight. Sat next to the Brownwood Radio Station.

Brownwood VLA (somewhat) dominated the 1st half but only led 24-22, WHICH WAS MUCH LIKE THE ALVIN LIVING STONES GAME.

Pine Drive made a great halftime adjustment in with their spread rush and it paid huge dividens.
I do tip my hat to Dickinson Pine Drive for a great win, which was a VERY GOOD PLAYED football game by both teams.

Once again, Pine Drives' defense was the GAME CHANGER.
Right before halftime (00:04) #8 was hit by #31 from Pine Drive and he was never the same.

I've said this many times before and I'll continue to say this, Dickinson Pine Drive has a FEROCIOUS, TENATIOUS defense that HITS....

Good job Dickinson Pine Drive.

I don't know anything about Granbury Happy Hill, but if you want a pick from me, I will give it later in the week once I do more calculating

Box Dad":2utcnqbp said:
Next week PD needs to play the first half like they played the second. They have the Aggie disease in reverse.

I guess if you gotta get that disease, Pine Drive got it the right way...

Pine Drive has trailed in SEVERAL ball games going into the 2nd or halftime. I've told our fans several times, Our kids never come out extremely motivated (too high energy) because WE know we are in for a FOUR QUARTER BALL GAME. And our physicality & our depth will take effect come quarters 3 & 4.

Our motto is: Let's just keep it close until the 3rd, because then our rotation of 5 RB's, 2 QB's, 3 DB's, 2 OL's, & SEVERAL receivers will take effect and of course our sub-pattern on defense as well.

I believe I told this to Coach Davis at SA TownEast:
We are a VERY DEEP team and we rotate alot of kids (alot of YOUNG KIDS).
We play anywhere from 11-15 kids.

Heck I even got bashed at our all district meeting by a coach who said I should'nt have a 1st team or 2nd rb because I play 5 different backs and their stats are not GOOD ENOUGH as the other backs in the district...

Box Dad,
We had a simple game plan going into this ball game.
LET 51 catch as many passes as possible, because we felt he would not out run us, we can tackle him and 51 himself will wear himself out for the 2nd half.

We were to bring 3 hard at #8 (like I learned for Vance Jones of Garden City ISD) because I didn't want #8 having 24 hrs to find a receiver.
Then in the 2nd half, send 3 hard, but once contact is made by VLA's up-backs, that lone one hard rusher (FROM OUR LEFT SIDE, TO CHASE #8 TO HIS LEFT, SO HE HAD TO THROW ACROSS HIS BODY) and it worked to perfection... Threw several incompletions and a couple INT's...

In rushing 3 hard, you will always leave some one open shallow and 2 open deep..... #8 just didn't have enough time to see the deep receivers, except for the one time when PD's #12 fell off of him when he had #8 wrapped up for a 14 yard loss, #8 got away from the tackle and found the open receiver 30+ yards down the field...

But thanks for helping me out and thanks for coming out and supporting us yesterday.

And as ANY/ALL UIL sixman coach will tell you,
A win by 44 is the same as a win by 1 this late in the year.... Because a win is a win and you're moving on to the next round

Led by Tyler McDaniel’s 4,101 total yards and 80 touchdowns — 2,285 yards passing with 40 TDs and 1,806 yards rushing with 40 TDs — along with receivers Garrett Hagood (38-552, 6 TDs), Michael Taylor (36-656, 11 TDs), Cullen Ruth (32-248, 11 TDs), Ethan Essary (20-319, 6 TDs) and Kegan Bessent (11-195, 4 TDs), the Warriors boast quite possibly the most explosive offensive in TAPPS Six-Man Division II.

WOW,
Now that's what you call career stats...
Pine Drive did a great job holding this offense to a season LOW 36 points, and I may add, WITHOUT THEIR BEST LINEBACKER (#11) WHO I DID NOT SEE ON THE FIELD OR ON THE SIDELINES.

One of the PD Parents told me during halftime that Coach Ware left him at home this week..

Guess Coach W is right about having depth if you can leave your starting (best LB) at home and still hold VLA's offense to a season low 36 points.....

I guess I'm gona to have to start buying into the Wonder-dog hype about all this, since my favorite team Living Stones is no longer available.

Speaking of, Does anyone or can anyone share #11 from Living Stones stats to this young man (#8) from Brownwood VLA because his stats are mind-blowing... WOW

Pedro threw for 2016 yards and 37 td's. Had 1080 yards rushing for 14 td's. I know thid is roughly correct. All our stats are on maxpreps if you want to check it there.

Thanks kramer for all your support this year, and hope to meet you soon. Pedro is playing in the all star game in a couple weeks if you want to see him there.

And your favorite player #2 is really coming along lol!

Coach Ware,
Those stats do tell a story, stop #8 and you stop the scoring. Obviously your game plan worked. And the team is definitely deep. In the second I was surprised by who was doing what. #5 had a couple of great runs and I thought he was the wide out.

I am just a side liner and want to win every down and have a hard time with big picture. What I saw in the first half was an all out rush with 3 and when #8 was getting around that there was no rush for a few downs. Maybe that was just the first period, maybe the offense was running something I didn't see. Probably an adjustment. But the pressure is what was needed on #8 and your game plan worked.

And what's so true at this point in the season is you have to expect the other team to be there the whole game. In the regular season it's not like that in most games, so it's something that young players have to be able to handle. That in itself is a big factor in the playoffs.

Back