Pick'em

flyright

11-man fan
Since there are no private school spreads I thougt we should play TCAL, TCAF pick'em. Just for fun.

Covington vs Azle Christian
El Paso Jesus Chapel at El Paso Faith
Weatherford Home School vs Bastrop Tribe Consolidated
Marshall Christian vs. Baytown Christian
San Antonio Sunnybrook vs Lake Jackson Brazosport Christian
Fort Worth Nazarene vs Athen Christian Prep

Lets see I pick

Azle over Covington
Jesus Chapel over Faith
Tribe wins big
So does Marshall Christian
Sunnybrook over Lake Jackson
Nazarene over Athen

I think predictions in TCAL and TCAF are ridiculous. Leave that for College and Professional Teams. 75% of time on sixmanfootball they are not correct.

are you kidding me cougar ? Anyone that follows these leagues could pick 95% of the game winners correctly. That's the problem with these leagues. There is more balance in the rich and poor in this country than there is "parity" in these teams. IE. My kiddo played one quarter in his opening game tonight before being benched so as not to run up the score against the team we played against. It was over at halftime ( most of these games seem to go this way in tcal & tcaf.) He wasnt even getting warmed up before it was over. He is a senior. It is his year to make an impression on a College scout or two (He would love to play at the next level.) It is not his schools fault, or his coaches fault. The problem is that there are too few competetive teams to play in the division he is currently assigned. I am in no way blaming, or hating. I just wish we could have more teams that were logistically possible to compete against,in his conference/division.
I know his Coach, his Church, and his League is always looking to take advantage of this opportunity to make it somewhat more of a balanced program. Shucks, most games I dont even get to enjoy some nachos at half time. ( not that I need them ) More times that not, in this league, the game is over at half time

Onefan-I can't believe your team is already playing a district schedule. I could be wrong but week 0 is usually not the week most schools start district play. If this was in fact a non-district game, maybe you should have suggested to your coach to try to schedule a tougher non-district opponent. Just because your son is a senior doesn't matter. Your coach has an obligation to the younger players also to try and develop them for the future. If the game gets out of hand why would he not play his younger players?

Schools usually try to have a two year agreement. Last year week 0 we played Chester, there first sixman game, and it was competative and close. This year, they have lost there starting QB and RB before our game, and only had 8 players. they were definitely outmanned in this heat, so it was quick, and we continuously subbed as much as possible to the bottom of our lineup. It is hard to know year to year what to expect and there are many underlying factors. Life lessons are always learned in football; perserverance in defeat, humility in victory.

Back