Packers earn record $43 million in 2011

freeagent

Six-man pro
http://www.packersnews.com/article/2012 ... |FRONTPAGE

Based on the Packers' annual meeting recently held (the Packers are the only publicly owned team in NFL and their data is always food for thought ... of course, for somebody like Jerry Jones, this would be referred to as "petty cash.")

* 2010-2012 ranked 10th in "income earners" in NFL

* 2011 revenue $302 M; expenses $259 M; profit $43 M -- up from $16 M previous year and previous high of $25 M in 2005 ($158 M player costs in 2011, down $3.5 m from previous year)

* In 2009, out of town visitors, including game day fans contributed $282 M to Green Bay economy

* Ticket prices used to be 30th in league but with waiting list of 96,000, other owners think Packers should be charging more ... have increased ticket prices each of the last three seasons ... 1/3 of general ticket revenue goes to visiting teams.

* Does not include $67 M received from recent stock sale and $ 143 M in Lambeau renovations (adding about 6700 seats for 2013 season and new video scoreboards this season); also Packers are purchasing a number of properties adjacent to Lambeau Field, including frontage along US 41 freeway, which will include development of a Cabela's store, with groundbreaking next week.

* Franchise has about $ 127 M in reserves, plus the value of over 28 acres of nearby land purchased in recent years.

Hey Gate, Do you have any shares in the Packers? My father-in-law bought me and my grandson a couple for xmas last year. Never been to GB. I need to go to a stock holders meeting sometime. Then hit the Dells which I hear is a great place.

fireguy5455":11kejlvg said:
Hey Gate, Do you have any shares in the Packers? My father-in-law bought me and my grandson a couple for xmas last year. Never been to GB. I need to go to a stock holders meeting sometime. Then hit the Dells which I hear is a great place.

One share. Which, I think is the maximum you can own unless you have some of the early shares (something like the mid 50's ... when the previous stock sale was held in the early 2000's, they split those shares something like 1000 to 1 so that the old stockholders had voting power.

There are actually more stockholders than season ticket holders. When they held the annual meeting this year, they limited attendance to stockholders only (no guests) because if all the stockholders attended, Lambeau Field (site of the meeting) was beyond capacity. Meeting was a couple weeks ago, I think. I know it's in July. Basically, all you get to do is vote on the Board of Directors each year; you don't even get an annual report in the mail.

But not a bad idea to haul up to Green Bay and check on your investment sometime; and yes, Wisconsin Dells (which is the waterpark capital of the world) is a neat place. But I've never been to the town (it's just northwest of Madison on I-90).

lifegatesports":34xzcxwn said:
fireguy5455":34xzcxwn said:

yes, Wisconsin Dells (which is the waterpark capital of the world) is a neat place. But I've never been to the town (it's just northwest of Madison on I-90).

Overpriced, but still a lot of fun.

Back