October 21 Games

dawgfan23

11-man fan
Well, one thing I am wondering. It appears that in a few cases there are teams at the top of the polls that are being really challenged by some teams that they shouldn't be. My question is, are the teams on top more vulnerable this year than normal? GC was beaten by a very good FT Davis team that gave Throck all they could handle a week ago. And also an O'Donnell team gave BC all they could handle tonight. Are these top teams really as tough as we all give them credit for or is the competition getting better? I believe in some cases some of them may be slightly over rated but there do seem to be some at the top who are taking care of business every week. Of course I know every team can have an off night. I guess this just adds to the excitement of the 6 man game we all love. The polls are fun, but thank goodness this is not like the BCS. We do get to decide the true champion on the field.

As for odonnell, they are areally good team. they showed up tonight to play ball. trying to spoil our homecoming. very good game and i'm not going to be one of thoughs that say BC didn't play up to their regular self. taking nothing away from o'donnell, they played hard and with heart. but if BC don't figure out how to make extra points they're gonna be in trouble if they make the playoffs. we got grady next week and they played sands a heck of a game, so with that said, yes i feel that every team is getting better week to week. its gonna be very intresting watching them play it out on the field.

There were several close game - closer than expected - involving some of the higher ranked teams.

I think GC has been over-rated since losing to Motley County. Borden County must have had an off night.

The thing that struck me about this week was how high some of the scores were. 3-4 games with over 100 points put on the board by the winners.

On the high score subject, does Richland Springs not have any backup players they can put in the game to keep the score down? Maybe they just get to run the score up because they are THE RICHLAND SPRINGS!!!

Jedi":285ch7f7 said:
On the high score subject, does Richland Springs not have any backup players they can put in the game to keep the score down? Maybe they just get to run the score up because they are THE RICHLAND SPRINGS!!!

They promised all their recruits...errr... transfers they would get playing time.

Back