NYOS vs Bastrop TRIBE

Coach Dee

11-man fan
Anyone know the details of this game?
Just trying to figure out how NYOS gets up on a highly ranked TRIBE team. Was the weather a major factor? I know these two teams have some kind of rivalry, but NYOS looked awful against Victoria last week. What happened?

Coach Dee

Rivalry + Weather + a great defensive game plan by NYOS. Looking bad against Victoria (and Victoria had a lot to do with that!) gave the coaches what they needed to motivate. That is all.

Will TRIBE and NYOS be D2 again this season? That was a great title game last year and would be a great rematch if they both stay healthy and get there. Good luck to the Warriors and Jaguars both.

Coach Dee":3hddjd9d said:
How are the playoffs shaping up for each division?

I believe they are shaping up quite nicely for the winners and very badly for the one's not qualifying.
I guess the one's not making the playoffs will put on their basketball jerseys.

After the wilco center game, there are gonna be some interesting games in D1 this year... NYOS I hope to see you guys go all the way again this year. I have great respect for yalls program and coaching staff.

Warcat82, thanks for your kind words -- I hope we go all the way too! ;-) There is still a lot of football to be played though -- would not be surprised to see a lower seeded team make noise in the playoffs in D1 or D2 or TAIAO -- we've all played different Strength of Schedules...It will be interesting!

Now I'm severely confused. How does Plano CHANT beat a solid NYOS team? Plano hasn't beaten anyone good this year. Was it a fluke? How will they fare against a potent Stephenville team in the finals?

Wow...Coach Dee...That hurts...Just kidding!!!

Just to update, NYOS was without their #1 RB (#7), but believe that CHANT had more than enough to make it happen with him in there... We haven't received a lot of respect so far this year, but it is up to the boys to go get the W's to get that respect!!!

Granted, several wins haven't been against the best competition out there, but worst loss has been to Lakehill (#193) - other 3 losses were to Willow Park (#100), Red Oak Ovilla (#118) and Ft. Worth THESA (#55)....A large portion of the lack of "tests" have been as a result of multiple TAPPS teams breaking commitments, and then running to find any viable replacement game....As the old saying goes "you can only play your schedule"

Things coming together on the defensive side of the ball (averaging less than 19 points allowed over last 4 games), some adjustments and learning during the season are now reflected on the field...Also a huge help in having 3 weeks to prepare a game plan leading up to this game...

Coaches at NYOS did a great job in prepping their guys, and was a hard fought/hard played game on both sides of the ball.

CHANT has flown under the radar most of this season. They have a good mix of size and speed, and Coach Baker does a good job with them. We (Lakehill) played them mid-season and won a tough, hard-fought game. We had a good defensive gameplan going in, and made stops at key times of the game, but we left their field knowing we had just beat a very solid team. I expect their game with Stephenville to be extremely competitive.

Well Coach, I guess you were right about your defense holding up to some degree. Must've been tough sledding on offense for both teams. Sound's like a hard fought game.

Thanks Coach Dee...Right you are...The weather certainly played a factor, but at the end of regulation, was 14-14....Amazing game, and couldn't have been more proud of how our boys played the game- Congrats to Stephenville...they had a great game plan and were able to pull it out in the end...Nothing better than watching two good teams compete head to head....Reminded me of a Rocky movie!!! Was a blast, but was hoping for the score to go in the other direction- CHANT brings back a great core of skill/speed players next season...will be one to watch for!!!

Back