Novice

High Plains Drifter wrote:
> So did Coach Jackson leave Loraine and go to Novice?

Nope, this is his oldest boy Brandon, he was assistant coach at Petersburg last year.
I plan to pick his brain( what little there is), over all you can eat chinese food tonight.

High Plains Drifter wrote:
> Thanks, going to be interesting game between Novice and Loraine if that
> occurs. Ha

Especially for momma (aka Mrs. Jackson as in the daddy's wife).

Wonder if Brandon is Science certified?
I hope so.
Novice Supe. assured me they wouldn't hire anyone who wasn't.
Curious to know how that panned out.

Chill out dude I'm just wondering
if I should be more serious in my
pursuit of science and math certifications.
That's all.
Man, you got it bad for me don't cha?
Sorry I created such a monster.
Wait till season starts and I trash your team also!! lol

i agree with Crawford 100%!! Dogface needs to get a life.......probably why he is unemployed....spends too much time on here and not teaching class!

I respect your opinion.
You two act like that judgemental step-brother
I never had.

BTW, I thought class was out for the summer.

Ahhhhhh, summertime entertainment. Better than any of the new movies out. With the onslaught of early 100 degree days and no rain in forever we will all be nuts by September. All practices on brown dry grass or no grass fields. Just don't let the heat get under your collar and push the boy's tooo hard in 2 a day's. Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydrate. Congrat's & good luck to the "new' Coach Jackson.

Thanks Anne.
A simple answer to a simple question.
I appreciate your maturity
and congrats
to young jackson
who showed
that he was smarter than most
by getting his math and science.

Dogface - You should definitely get serious about math/science cert. Schools traditionally have had trouble filling those slots with qualified teachers.

I just never seriously considered it because I don't like them.
I was never good at them.
I figured I would rather have someone
teaching my kids who really loved the math.
Not sure how good I'd be without that anointing?

On a stranger note, The supe. at Novice told me
he HAD to have a science teacher
when the HFC job was posted
and he would only take that recomendation to the board.
He said if anything changed he's let me know.
This was specifically regarding the HFC job
So not being a science guy I thought Oh well.
Unfortunately that wasn't the case.
If I had young Jackson,
and he was one of the best,
and I'm sure he is,
why would I hire TWO teachers for math and science
and stick him in Elem. math (3-5)?
after making such a claim to have to have his HFC teach science?
Go Jackson!! What a great gig!

Oh well then it's probably best you don't teach the subject if you don't enjoy it. I think just about anyone with minimal intelligence can eventually become competent in most subjects (what I have to keep telling my oldest kid who struggles with math). But being competent to teach a subject and actually enjoying the subject are definitely two different things. And I think it does make a difference to the students if the teacher actually enjoys the subject they are teaching.

As to why the Novice ISD hired a teacher with with a particular certification and then decided to place him in a position which requires a different certification (which I presume it what must have happened from your post) I don't have a clue. Maybe it was important to them that the teacher they hired had certain certs even if they didn't immediately place him/her in that position? Like having a fall-back if they needed it for some reason? My understanding is that Jackson the Younger is certified at a number of different grade levels and subjects (much like most other teachers I would imagine). I don't actually know what certifications the kid has but I do seem to remember science and math as being his primo subjects in HS and college (he's a nephew) and winning Science Fair projects, getting scholarships etc ... that sort of thing ... and he does enjoy those particular subjects so regardless of what level he is teaching at I hope he can pass that joy on to his students (although I strongly suspect math-love is genetic and can't be learned .... anyway that's my excuse for messing up AlgII in HS and I'm sticking to it)

I agree with you about the MathLove genetic link.
I would also venture to guess that youngJack
will be successful in any endeavor he attempts.
I hope they treat him better.

so.... I have been really quiet on my oldest boys new gig. As a parent, I am super proud of him. This is a great opportunity for him to get his feet wet with his own program. I send tons of support to the Novice kids, work hard and you'll get rewarded. That being said, I certaintly hope young Coach J can face off against the old man and Loraine in a playoff scenerio. (evil laugh) BAHAHAHAWAWAHAH

Back